Strange Menstrual Cycle and Conception Difficulties

Palindrome

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 2.5 months and after searching through the forums I haven't found anything similar so I thought I would post a new thread.

We started trying to conceived approximately 14 days after my last period (we didn't know about the ovulation tests at this time). However, I have yet to have a period since then and my last period started on August 3rd. I've taken approximately 5 pregnancy tests (the latest about 1 week ago) and visited the doctor for an unrelated reason about a month ago. They performed a pregnancy test at the doctor's office before prescribing antibiotics and the result was also no. There was apparently some sort of bacterial overgrowth in my vagina, which most likely was related to trying to conceive. We normally use condoms during sex since I don't believe in using birth control pills.

My period is somewhat irregular, and normally lasts about a week, but it can be between 35-45 days between cycles. So it's been about 70 days since my last period, which has never really happened before. I've had some minor spotting since then, but no real flow or any familiar symptoms.

We're both confused and a bit concerned. We've been thinking that maybe the spotting was a period, so we've been doing the ovulation tests. However, really we're not sure at this point if we're just wasting our money. The timing is also suspicious given that we just started trying to conceive when all of this happened.

Can anyone help me understand what might be going on? I've set up another appointment with the doctor, but that won't be until this Wednesday. Also, I suspect they will likely just give me the "everyone is different" bull without trying to commit to actually finding the root cause.

Thanks!

Even if they do give you the everyone is different speech, don't leave the office until they actually set up some sort of testing for you. 70 days is too long and if they tell you to wait it out or whatever it is, find a different doctor, one who will listen to you and your concerns and try to figure out what's going on.

I am on your same wave length. I don't know what to do either. I haven't had a period since July. I don't want to go to doctor to ask about anything because I know they are going to say nothing is wrong and to just wait on ky period. I don't have insurance so going from docotor to doctor is not in my budget. This happened to me before a few years ago. I actually went from doctor to doctor and the poked and proposed me to tell me everything was ok and they didn't fine any problems. They suck some type of camera inside me and said I was ok and period just stop. At the time I wasnt trying to conceive but now u am. Off to get any updates please up date. And I was thinking about trying some fertility herbs all natural.

Go and see doctor, I don't think that anybody can tell you anything here

I've gone to see a doctor. Im trying ti set up another appointment sometime next week. Sorry for all
The typos. I'm on my phone most of the time typing this.

Went to see the doctor and they did some testing, no results yet. Apparently there was blood in my urine. They took 4 vials of blood, a urine sample, and a pap smear; at least they're being thorough this time :).

I should have results in another 5 days or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->