• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

strange question

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
what did u or do u plan to give birth in i dont really want to wear a hospital gown but when u give birth and then how are u meant to get skin to skin contact straight away if ur wearing a nighty r u supposed to just whip it off sorry i have so many silly little questions that i just wonder the answers to :dohh:

i'm just gna wear a strappy vest then when contacts needed can just pull the boob out. xx

Hmm.... I hadn't thought about it! Am hoping to have a water birth, or at least be in the water for some parts, so like Katie probably a vest top. I know you can get some clothes specifically for giving birth in, though I'm not sure how these differ from 'regular' clothes! :)

I was naked... I gave birth in the shower- best thing ever tbh! Just wear something comfy, I found the hospital gowns to be good to wear, plus I didn't have to clean them!

hummm never thought of that one. I dont want to be totally naked as i will be anyway from the waist down and want to cover up as much as I can. I doubt i will care then. As someone else said a strappy top will do, try and save my dignity a bit. My boobs are to big to be flowing out everywhere.

With my other two hun , I had a normal nighty on but had it hitched right up when they needed to deliver anyway hun ... You get very warm with all the panting and puffing so you end up with it right up then they put baby on your chest that way .
The other option is wear a real big nighty hun then pull your night out so you can put baby down and snuggle it close to you keeping it warm :) .
One other option may be to wear a summer type dressing gown that you can open :) .
xxxxxxxx.

you could get a strappy nighty or one that unbuttons a bit down the front?

I've never worn a hospital gown....yuk. I've worn a nightie every time, make sure you take a couple of spare coz sometimes your waters break with such force that it can go all up your back....mine have everytime:rofl:tsunami alert:blush:

When I've been pushing, my nightie gets pulled up anyway (for a better, erm "view" I guess) and baby delivered straight onto tummy unless urgent attention is needed like with my last baby:cry:....he was fine after a bit of oxygen. When he was handed back I undid my buttons and just shoved him up my nightie:rofl:....sounds good eh? His little head was peeping out of the top and I still had a bit of dignity:rofl:

I'm wearing a big tshirt of my bfs with maternity bra underneath I think and I'll just lift it up at the bottom when bubs is born so she can be laid on my stomach right away.

I've been looking out for a nightshirt that buttons all the way up the front so there's easy access to various bit at different times :rofl: Will probably get a few if I ever find one - haven't seen any yet. I don't think I like the idea of a strappy top unless it's the strappy top of a nightie or it's in the water as then you'd be walking round half naked wouldn't you?

x

I'm planning on getting a couple of nighties that have buttons at the top, got to be cheap though as I imagine they'll get quite icky!

Skin to skin contact is a bit tricky for me with having sections, the curtain is just below my boobs and i have a gown over the top part of me.

I haven't really thought about it but i'll probably wear a large t shirt/nightie I think!

ooh i hadnt really thought about this either lol, i wouldve been deliverin in whatever i had on that day then hehe

i will try and see if i can find one of those strappy nighties then, sounds like the best option, prob wont wanna be whipping shorts off at every other minute hehe

Skin to skin contact is a bit tricky for me with having sections, the curtain is just below my boobs and i have a gown over the top part of me.

Oh shite....I didn't think about that as this time I may need to deliver by section. Hmmmmm...I will have to discuss this with my consultant me thinks:dohh:

I just wore a big nighty from Primark that was hitched right up during my delivery

Maya was placed onto my tummy straight away :D

I've thought of doing it totally nude. I know, I know, kinda "earth Mother" but I'm really comfortable naked. I could very well change my mind, though. I haven't REALLY given it much thought, to be honest.

have not given it too much thought.. want to do a large part of labouring in the birth pool so will be naked but will really wait and see.... maybe nothing anyways hospital gowns are quite good and you can easily un pop the studs holding them together. Good point you raised there.

I've bought a new nightie that I want to wear for the birth and then when she is born, I will cover up my bottom half and just take the nightie off for the skin to skin contact. I don't want to lie their totally exposed lol
My nightie does have long sleeves mind you so I'm putting scissors on my list so I can cut em off if I get p*ssed off and hot :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"