Strange scan photo

LouOscar01

Reaction score
Hello! Always manage to find something to worry about and after my scan today I'm just wondering what the circle is that seems to be going round the baby or at least is a line from head to toe.

Any ideas? Normal? Abnormal? My sonographer seemed quite inexperienced and didn't mention it.

There was another photo and it didn't have it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 33
I'm not hugely experienced! But I believe that is the pregnancy sac. It may not have been visible from a different angle as baby seems to be quite far on one side of the sac.

I could be wrong! But from what I saw in my last ultrasound, the technician said there that the 'big dark patch' was the pregnancy sac.

All looks good to me :)

H&H 9 months

Isn't it just the embryonic sac, lovely?
I'm no sonographer and don't know what gestation but that would be my first though X
Congratulations xx

Never seen that before so I have no idea! The gestational sac is the larger area around baby. That could be the yolk sac perhaps.

Yolk sac for sure...before the baby had got to the size in your picture the yolk looks like an empty ring where maybe you can make out a fetal pole. You can find lots of pics online showing both (maybe not exactly like yours tho ;-)

It's the amnion :) totally normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"