Strange Stitch Like Sensation...

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
It sounds strange but on and off throughout my pregnancy so far i have been getting only what can be described as a stitch like sensation down my right side. It can last for several hours & it gets worse when i stand up. When i stand up the pain spreads to my back. It all eases off when i lay down. It hurts when i try to bend down as well when i have it.

Anybody else get this or something similar??
:shrug:

i think i hav the same issues hun :( i get a heavy/stretched feelin in my belly when i stand up or lay on my sides. only on my back am i comfy now and i cnt even do that :(

Yes I have had this when walking/doing cleaning a lot and occasionally when I have been asleep and go to get up it really hurts. Perfectly normal apparently.
x

Ahh well thats comforting to know. At least it doesnt occur often. Thats one good thing i guess!

hiya guy's ive been getting this alot,sometimes its really painful, but from what the docs told me and from what ive read it's something called round ligament pain, it's just everything stretching making room for little baby :) x

I have that on and off - usually when I've been doing housework/ cleaning! The midwife at the hospital said it's normal. If the pain is really intense it can be a pulled muscle as everything is relaxing but if it comes and goes it is more likely to be round ligament pain.

Hi. I had this a couple of weeks ago whilst I was on holiday, we were about to go for a nice long walk and I just couldnt bear it, I had to go and lie down. I have no idea what it was!

yup i get this so far not as bad as with my son, with my son i was rushed into hospital with a suspected burst/bursting apendix due to the amount of pain i was in.. boy did i feel really stupid to find out it was round ligament pains :dohh:

Hello, thank you for writing this post - I get stitch although just down my right side - it never goes to my back but as soon as it comes it goes after 5 / 10 minutes - but i do sometimes look like a cripple as I massage my side when i am walking ...... - it is obviously a common thing - another thing to put my mind at rest - thank you girlies xxxxx

Hello, thank you for writing this post - I get stitch although just down my right side - it never goes to my back but as soon as it comes it goes after 5 / 10 minutes - but i do sometimes look like a cripple as I massage my side when i am walking ...... - it is obviously a common thing - another thing to put my mind at rest - thank you girlies xxxxx

Haha i massage my side when im walking around at work. Was doing it yesterday! Also i look a sight when i go to sit down because when i go to sit down that hurts a tad to (like on the tail bone), so i am there sitting down sllooowwlyy. Once im down im fine lol

Yep all the time and get sharp pains too, feels so painful. MW says its ligament pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->