Stress incontinence?? anyone else scared?

billlumbergh

Reaction score
is anyone else terrified of damaging there muscles during a vaginal labour? I'm petrified; where i work i have had so many beautiful, very well to do women telling me in confidence to try and get a section as they have terrible incontinence; both front and back! they wear pads every day and have done for years in some cases.
I always thought that doing the pelvic floor muscle exercises would make sure this outcome wouldn't happen; this isn't the case always.
I'm worried about it. It almost feels, in Ireland anyway, that its a selfish thing to be concerned with. Obviously i care deeply that my baby is born happy and healthy and i'm more then willng to go through discomfort and pain and do everything in my power to make this so; however, i would like to continue to have a good sex life and not worry about having incontinence!

I've had 3 and I don't have that problem at all. I find some women like to scare first time mothers. Everyone is different I guess , but if you keep fit and do your kegal exercises most people don't have a major problem . I can't hold my bladder like I used to but I don't wee myself either.

I am very worried about that happening - If I so much as sneeze i'll leak (it's only been happening since i;ve been pregnant) so i'm just praying it doesn't get worse!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->