Stress or Baby?

PinkPeony2013

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

It's finals week and it's been a very stressful semester. My period is about 10-11 days late and I'm trying to decide whether I should chalk it up as stress or not. I don't want to freak my husband out by taking a pregnancy test if its not necessary, but missing your period is also a little freaky. What do you think? Should I just take the test? What's one more test this week, anyway right?! :coffee:

Thanks!

I'd take a test just to be sure, but stress can definitely throw your cycle off. (When I went through Basic Training I didn't get my period until at the end of the 9 weeks of training because I was so stressed out!) It's also not unusual to have an off cycle every year. Try a First Response (you don't have to wait until first morning urine if you're that late), and just be honest and upfront with your husband.

At least you don't have to study for this test. :haha: Good luck with finals!

Good luck with your finals! My finals week was last week. I feel your pain! Stress can definitely cause a late period. Over the summer, my period was 2 weeks late. I tested and tested, even taking a blood test, but everything was negative, so I chalked it up to stress.
I would definitely test and please keep us updated! Good luck! :)

Yes, stress can throw your period off! It tends to delay ovulation. I would test anyway though:)

Thanks for all of the responses! I haven't tested yet because my husband wants to wait till Friday/Saturday when all of our tests/projects are done... It's killing me though! I also noticed that I've had a lot more milky discharge. In the past I've given myself subconscious pregnancy symptoms because I freak out, but this time I'm trying really hard not to. So far so good, except for the discharge.

I love my husband. He is so supportive and loving, but he doesn't understand what a mind-consuming thing it is when you miss your period! I'm sure he's not the only husband to overlook this, but it's still frustrating. He doesn't mean to, but he makes me feel as though I'm overreacting and if it turns out negative, I feel so dumb. *Sigh*. Ok, end rant. Thanks for listening. Lol

I know what you mean about feeling dumb... My latest scare involved me informing my hubby abt my pregnancy test by saying "I feel kinda stupid.. So don't laugh at me.. But I bought a preg test...." lol
Once during a particularly stressful semester, my period didn't come for 3 months.. But as soon as I tested, it came the next day! So stress def plays a part.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"