stress!!!!

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Some of you may have seen previous threads of mine about the bullying I'm recieveing at work from 2 of the main managers, the store manager and the deputy manager.
I've contacted human resources on many occasions to be spokeo like I'm a child and patronised, and then for them to slag me off to the manager I'm having trouble with :(

anyway, it got to the point where I was crying all the time, can't sleep at night, snapping at those I love, shaking and feeling Ill where I was so upset and dragged down by the
I'm constantly sick, I reckon the stress is causing it. Anyway I went to the doctors and explained and they 1st signed me off for 1 week and then they extended it so so far I've been signed off
For about 10 days. My certificate ends tomorrow and due back wednesday.

But I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow for them to extend it again, as I am genuinly scared about going back to the point I can't sleep, have no apitite, crying again.
I feel so lazy but I know that they are risking mine and my babys health by making me feel like this :'( so I know
I can't go back. I was getting stomach pains aswell, where they refused to let me change departments and left me to struggle, knowing
I already have a back condition (scoliosis).

I can't take much more, I just feel like begging them not to let me go back :'(.

Can I ask them to consider extending my certificate for longer?

Xxx

wow that sounds pretty awful. i am in the US so don't have a clue how it works there but am wishing you all the best.

u have to save your sanity and think about you and your baby first :hugs:

Definitely see if you can get your stress leave extended. Nothing is worth risking your health over.

It'll probably help your case if you end up taking this to an employment tribunal. Did you get in touch with ACAS?

I would seek advice at citizens advice darling, and go to the doctors this is not on xxx

thankyou ladies.

im just worried about being off so long as once maternity leave is over im looking for a different job and im hopeing this time off wont go against me.

i'll be really upset if it does because i feel it shouldnt because its their fault im off work
:(.
my mum is saying to me not to go back after the baby is born at all, but ive never not worked since ive been old enough to work ive always had a job.
im also guessing theres no financial help im entitled to whilst im off sick either?

xxx

Definitely go to citizens advice, they can help with any benefits you may be entitled to and also get you in touch with someone that may be able to help with your job and what's happening x x

What does your contract say? It should tell you how many days paid sick leave you're entitled to.

What does your contract say? It should tell you how many days paid sick leave you're entitled to.

this is going to sound really bad, ive been working for the company 2 years. i have never seen a contract :dohh:.

i dont think im entitled to any paid sick days :cry:. i think im just entitled to statutory sick pay:shrug:.

xxx

Poor you. I don't know what else to say except to agree with Gemmalou about speaking to citizens advice or like I said give ACAS a ring :(

If they do sack you I'd say you'd have a really good case for unfair dismissal so they'd probably have to compensate you if that happened.

Just keep writing down all the incidents in case the worst does happen.

thankyou ladies.

im just worried about being off so long as once maternity leave is over im looking for a different job and im hopeing this time off wont go against me.

i'll be really upset if it does because i feel it shouldnt because its their fault im off work
:(.
my mum is saying to me not to go back after the baby is born at all, but ive never not worked since ive been old enough to work ive always had a job.
im also guessing theres no financial help im entitled to whilst im off sick either?

xxx

I know exactly how u feel. I hate my job and their risking mine and bubs health. My mum says the same as urs and to not go back but if I don't for at least a month or two I have to pay the company back maternity pay even tho it'll only be about 70 a month I get. As for ur time off affecting a future job I wouldn't worry u can always explain it was due to pregnancy and they can't not hire u for that it's not as if it's a long running illness that would affect u working for them day to day. good luck xx

Poor you. I don't know what else to say except to agree with Gemmalou about speaking to citizens advice or like I said give ACAS a ring :(

If they do sack you I'd say you'd have a really good case for unfair dismissal so they'd probably have to compensate you if that happened.

Just keep writing down all the incidents in case the worst does happen.

thankyou hun :hugs:.

do you reckon my GP will sign me off for another couple of weeks i really hope so as i just cant face them at the moment, im all over the place still :cry:.

i really wanna get my head together, i feel like crying all the time :cry:.

im gonna take all the stuff i wrote down about what theyve done and go o citazens advice with my mum for support tomorrow hopefully if he extends my sick certificate for me.

xxx

Thankyou for all your advixe girls :)

Off to doctors now, let you know how it goes when I get back
Xxx

Good luck :)

hi hun, i went to the doctors yesterday and i told him how i was still feeling and he asked how work have been and if id heard from them i said no but theyve lost all my previous sick certificates from the 2 previous weeks :dohh:.

he gave me copys of the old ones and has signed me off for a further 2 weeks, im hoping these 2 weeks will be enough time to get my head together, hopefully i'll have my matb1 form for when i do go back and then i can sort out maternity leave with them when hopefully i'll be in a better frame of mind :happydance:.

in these 2 weeks hes reffered me to a support group for people returning to work with stress and anxiety, they will hope sort work issues aswell with me :thumbup:. im also going to citazens advice this week to discuss with them my issues and im going to take the diary of events that have been happening with me so i wont forget anything :thumbup:.

onwards and upwards from here i hope :happydance:. thankyou for the support it means alot :hugs: xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->