Stress

LynnieH

Reaction score
The stress of moving house has finally reached a pinacle today. We have had a letter from our buyers solicitor asking for the building regulations for the knock through we did from the lounge to the dining room. The builder who knocked through was a friend of OH's dad and he didn't get building regs out! He didn't finish the work in the house properly either and it cost us a further £600 to get the job finished back then. He was diagnosed with bowel cancer at the time so we didn't push the issue. However we now have to have an inspection by the council in which they will have to knock some of the plaster off the wall to check the steel joist is correct and if it is not we will have to have rip it out and replace it.

Am I just stupid or should the f**king builder have known about getting it checked? We didn't know but we're not builders!

I am not a happy bunny as we are supposed to exchange next Friday and I can't see that happening now! :cry:

I Just want my new house!!!:hissy:

aww hun huge hugs to you i hope that everything goes well and it all gets sorted so u can move asap x:hugs:

:hugs: hope it all gets sorted out asap hun x

Aww sweetie, what a pain in the arse for you
hope you get it sorted:hugs:

We also had to shell out £180 for all these checks!

we had that

buyers were such a pain

first they wanted the electrics for our log cabin certified even though it was installed and perfect , in the end we refused to get it done as it would have cost around £500

then even though they had a survey that came back fine , they decided they wanted a full damp test which they wanted us to pay for (we refused)and they paid as the house was over 100 years old. the damp test said it had minor damp(which was gd for a house its age)...so they decided they wanted the hole house damp proofed with chemical sprays , but wanted to do it whilst we were living there and wanted us to pay the lot...once again we refused and said they had to pay , we agreed on half each and they could do it AFTER we moved out. cost was £500 each.

was very pissed off as we had already dropped the house price by 8k as we wanted to just get out and move. They got a damn good bargain. it took them bloody ages to complete , i think it took them about 8 weeks after we were ready. Then it came to the completion day and NO one could get hold of them or anything and they ended up signing the following day. just all in all proepr pissed us off as it held us up.

The thing that REALLY pissed us off was the fact they kept going on about how lovely the house was and how happy they were to be moving in bla bla bla....we drove past the house about 3 weeks later and they were renting it out. I cant stand liars , if they told us straight out they were renting it out we wouldnt have cared we were just happy to be moving.

harsh going through it , hope you get yours sorted out soon. Building regs are a big thing these days.

Hope it all pans out nicely soon for you Lynnie

x

awww hun im so sorry youre going through this... buying a house is a pain in the ass!!

:hugs: Awe Hunnie... I dont care what where you live, This saying still applies. Buying and Selling a home is the most stressfull thing ever and it is until the day you get the keys. Im so sorry you have to deal with that. I wish you the best of luck:hugs:

Don't get me started i having probs with the sellers estate agents and northern rock being cocks :|

Fed up already was ment to have completed by the 1st Grrrrrrrr

Hope you get sorted soon hunni

xxx

Well I now have a hole i my wall about a foot square but we passed regs! We now need a plasterer to come out and fix it, it is such a small job we will probably struggle to get someone out. I am going over to my new house tomorrow and should get a date for completion.

Glad everything was ok and that you will be in your new house soon. :hugs:

i hope you will be in your new house soon hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back