stressed and a tad concerened.

Nemo and bump

mummy of 1 daughter
Reaction score
hi all.
right, usually i have a very active baby and where she is positioned i feel every move she makes. however today i felt her move at 7:30 this morning but i havent felt her move since. ive had a stressful day and wondered if this had anything to do with it. ive been getting period pains but no movements :( i know they say 10 movements in 12hours well i havent and she usually moves after i eat and hasnt. an ideas? xoxo

I haven't felt mine as much today either and she's normally constantly bouncing around. They do say the further along you get the less active they get because of being so cramped. How bad have the period pains been? Just a dull ache or really bad? x

Ring the unit hun, if your at all concerned. I'm sure LO is just fine but you can ring and let them no and they'll probably get you down there just to be sure. x

I haven't felt mine as much today either and she's normally constantly bouncing around. They do say the further along you get the less active they get because of being so cramped. How bad have the period pains been? Just a dull ache or really bad? x

bad enough to notice and take paracetamol for but not unbearable.

My doctor says to have a bath and really just focus on feeling movements, if you dont go straight up there, and the less activity due to there being no room is wrong she says, the hospital is the ONLY way you can monitor your baby!

At 31 wks, room is scarce, but go up to ur local delivery suite and let them monitor you.

Cold water, chocolate and pouring tepid water on ur bump shud wake them up.

V x x x

i feel silly going in if it turns out to be nothing. ive got midwife appointment tomorrow at 1pm shall i just wait til then? xoxo

You may feel silly going in if it's nothing, but you won't be the first woman to and to be honest the midwives would rather you bothered them with something trival and everything was ok, than not.

Ring your labour ward and ask them for advice, if they tell you to come in an get monitored then that's what you should do.

No ur not being stupid.

Please go, has baby moved at all yet??

V x x

Sometimes that happens to me when Im on my feet all day or stressin...I usually drink ice cold milk and spoon against my hub's back...And the baby always kicks him never fails..Maybe there is something you do that always gets the baby to move..:hugs:

relax hun...but its a better idea to give ur mw a call

Any update? Did you feel LO move, or did you go to the unit?
I hope everything is ok for you x x

I've had days when l/o has been very quiet then the following day he's certainly made up for his previous lazy day. Strangely, people seem to comment that I look bigger after he's had a quiet day, I often wonder if he's having a growth spurt. Find that drinking full fat coke tends to get a reaction. Check with m/w though if you're worried, that's what they're there for. Let us know how you get on. xx

Any update? Did you feel LO move, or did you go to the unit?
I hope everything is ok for you x x

sorry for lack of update been catching up on sleep lol. called and went in last night. they were lovely and tld me i wasnt wasting time as it was a quiet night and gave them something to do. they put me on the monitor and within minutes there was movement. yay. i felt silly though. after an hour she said everything was fine, heartbeat was fine etc my blood pressure was slightly up but she said thats understandable lol. she said we could stay a little longer for reassurance or go home. i asked if it was ok to stay a little longer just to really put my mind at rest. so back home and all fine now. just tired xoxo

Glad everything is ok. Better to bother them than sit at home and worry or even worse - there actually be something wrong, which you ignore.
Enjoy your rest!!!

If you're at all worried i'd ring them and ask them what to do :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"