Stressed out and have 1 child already

N

N1kki

Is anyone else stressed out whilst being pregnant and you already have another child?At the moment i've never been so stressed out in my life my son is only 7 yrs old I'm stressing out even doing his homework with him and feel like i'm losing it completely sometimes with the simplest things!GRRRRRRRR:hissy:

I'm the same way....feel myself getting so frustrated over the stupidest things, also getting annoyed WAYYYY easier then normal. I have a daughter that will be 2 next week!

I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old,and I find i stress way more,and am a lot more short tempered than I used to be!
I'm constantly giving out to my sons,and then feel guilty coz they're not really being that naughty!!Bloody hormones!
I'm also quite often a bitch to my dh,only that its our 3rd pregnancy he knows the drill and doesn't hold it against me!!
I am looking forward to feeling like MYSELF again in a few months

Yep I have 2 9 year olds and an almost 7 year old and hubby has just gone away for the night! Trying to keep calm but getting a bit fed up from the answering back I'm getting from one of the twins!

getting a bit fed up from the answering back I'm getting from one of the twins!

yeh i'm just tired all time right now with being anaemic taking iron tablets crossed with diabetes and the man in my life at work all the time not helping i'm wondering how i'm gona get through it when my baby boy comes.Just feel like i don't ever get a break and no ones helping me at all its all getting on top,but end the day my house is still clean my family and animal are fed,clothed,washed and watered so guessing they can't complain but i feel like i don't get anytime for myself.

Can I join the stressed out mummy club too? I feel like my life is in utter chaos at the moment!!!

Am in real need of a nice cup of tea and a cry :((((

I'd say I have less patience, but I'm not so much stressed out. I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old with special needs and work with children with special needs. I suppose it really has to do with hormones and with how well you pace yourself and handle the stresses.

Take a break. Hire a babysitter and go to a movie by yourself. Just take time for you and you should be okay.

I couldnt hire a babysitter. The thought of a stranger looking after my kids freaks me out!!

Plus I am broke!

Unfortunately that's a fear that is going to have to be overcome one day. One day, your child will go to school and have lots of strangers looking after him for 6 hours a day.

I used to feel the same way, especially when it comes to my daughter. My daughter's brain isn't growing properly, she has severe speech and developmental delays, she has seizures, her oxygen levels drop dangerously low when she sleeps, she's a flight risk,...I could go on and on. Then her therapists began recommending part-time daycare to help with her social development. I refused. I wouldn't have anything of the sort because I was so afraid of getting that phone call that she ran away, or was going to the hospital or something. I finally compromised and placed her with a mom from the playgroups and she absolutely thrived. Her development improved in leaps and bounds.

I've been in college since last May and my hours had me attending an opposite shift of my husband's work. Two weeks ago, I began a full-time placement at an elementary school for children with with special needs. The school hours start at 8:00am and end at 4:00pm. My husband works from 6:00am to 2:00pm. The part-time daycare I had my daughter in wanted $1200 a month for full-time care. In turn, we had 5 days to find full-time care at a reasonable price since we're a one-income family. This meant we had to open ourselves up to the possibility of strangers watching our kids for 6 hours a day.

I don't mean you look on Kijiji and call up the first babysitter listed and go out on a limb and go to the movies the same night. I mean ask around. Ask family to babysit, or as a friend for a recommendation, and if you're limited there, start performing lots of interviews and find the perfect fit for a babysitter.

My kids are in an amazing, affordable daycare now and they absolutely love it. I'm going to hate pulling them out in March when my husband gets laid off. Eventually you will have to open yourself up to strangers watching your kids, though. Just trust your gut and your child's behaviour. Remember, all your friends were strangers until you got to know them. Strangers become friends all the time.

And trust me when I say this, because I almost lost my marriage..you WANT TO and NEED TO have nights to yourself, or just you and your OH. A baby takes a lot of time and energy, and while he or she needs to be fed, so does a marriage so it doesn't go sour and distant.

i wouldnt use a babysitting service in the U.K and never intend to it would either be family or friends,and i would trust a nursery but would thoroughly do research,visit and see how my baby reacts to the staff and environment first before sending him anywhere.I'm gona have go back work eventually and think this might actually give me a chance to have a life sorter i dont wana be sat at home and stressed forever.

No, I don't trust public daycares either. My kids are at a private home daycare. My daughter is supposed to start school in September and I'm in the process of trying to overcome the fear of sending her to a public elementary school. It's not that I don't trust the school, it's that my daughter's needs are so high that I'm afraid she's going to have them ignored and neglected, or that I will get that phone call that she ran off, or had a seizure they can't or don't know how to control.

I want to send her to the school I am doing placement at, but at $17 000 a year, I just can't afford it.

:hugs: to everyone on here. I have a 3 year old and the hormones seem to have hit me very hard the last two weeks. I am also running a very high risk pregnancy with diabetes (type 1), asthma, hypothyroidism and bipolar and have become depressed in the last month and a half which is not really suprising considering DH has been pretty absent and I have been comatose a few times recently and in hospital for 5 days. I am feeling terribly guilty about my DD who has seen far too much - she keeps coming to me and asking how she can help, if my sugar levels are low and if the baby is alright. I think she is also scared that Mom will disappear to hospital again (and it was not the first time this pregnancy either)

And then with Mom hormonal I also get cross more easily and she is learning to be more manipulative as she knows I can't keep up with her physically. I have been crying a lot lately and can't wait for baby to arrive now so the hormones will settle somewhat.

Have tried playing with DD, colouring in with her, reading to her and making cupcakes and sometimes we play an emotions game where we pretend to be cross/sad/happy and it always ends in her (and me) laughing. I need a lot of fun time with her to survive this and I am also trying to train my family and DH (though that isn't working so well) when to take her away and play with her themselves so she is not as often exposed to irrational, ridiculous, hormonal mother.

I feel very guilty as i use to do alot with my son we was never really in but this pregnancy has been a nightmare (not as bad as some but for me it has been) i have no energy,1st tri i felt sick all the time so never wanted to do anything,now i feel huge and tired i cant sit on the floor with him to play coz i cant get up coz of my belly and back so he has been playing a little with himself but then we just watch TV and i know its not good. Then the little things annoy me that much and i have developed a short temper so i guilty extra guilty but im trying to bite my tongue abit and forcing myself to play with him so he doesnt watch too much TV.
I keep telling him that when Baby Caleb comes mummy will be back to herself and we'll go out and do fun things well im hoping anyway as i dont want him hating his little brother plus he starts pre-school in September so wanna spend as much time with him as possible.

Cant wait for these hormones to go x

i never stop shouting! Getting sick of listen to myself, god knos how everyone else feels having to listen to me

Yeah I have much less patience now, infact theres times when my house is so crazy (When the kids and dogs are having a mad moment!) I have to just go in another room and calm down for a minute before I can deal with it. I am on my own everyday with my 3 yr old and 15 month old plus our two dogs and I do shout a lot. My youngest isnt really any trouble but I am always telling my older son off or getting mad because he wont listen to me. I feel so guilty and have often shouted when he wasnt being THAT naughty and its made him cry so then I cry for upsetting him.

Ive noticed as well that his temper has got worse and he shouts at me or his brother a lot and I think its my fault as he's just reacting the same way I do when Im annoyed.

I dread to think what the neighbours think of me because Im constantly shouting, if its not the kids then im telling the dogs to lie down or stop fighting etc (Not actual fighting just rough playing).

I think it all just gets on top of me sometimes, I try to put aside a certain amount of time for each of my boys everyday to give them some individual attention. I can guarantee though no matter how stressed Im feeling they always do or say something that lightens the mood and makes me laugh so im not a monster all the time! lol

Not long to go now then normal mummy will be back hopefully! :haha:

Oh yes, my patience has left the building long ago! I have a 6 year old who thinks being snotty is funny and learned the hard way that getting kicked off the school bus for two days will get him solitary confinement for the same amount!

I feel SOOO much better reading that so many ladies are dealing with this too. I feel horrible for how quick tempered I am all the sudden at my daughter. I can't help but feel she will resent me for be mad at her all the time. I try my hardest to not get frustrated, but can't seem to help it, and have been guilty of yelling at her a lot lately when she isn't in fact that bad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->