stressed out money worries

21Rach

Mum & TTC
Reaction score
payslips just come through from work i'm £270 down on what i was expecting this month (it is accurate - my new manager is in over his head with this job, he wouldn't of known this himself and went on the assumption i would be paid) - this is the months wages covering baby arriving :cry:
Feels like i've lost control now cos we both have to move out by 1st feb (im in a box room, no room for me, no room for a baby let alone for my fella! he's living in his parents house which is being sold they've bought and moved in a new house) i was hoping to return to work a month or two after baby was born but.... i'm gonna be so much more financially stable if i don't :( argh a bit trapped!! what's a girl supposed to do?!

Stressed right out now jus wanna cry my eyes out, i'm gonna be a sh!t mum already :cry:

i feel your pain.
I got 500 less than i normally get this month as my maternity leave has started and its been a massive blow!
What we are doing is working out what we can do without now and then just budgeting strictly.
xxxx

Awww hun - you will pull through one way or another. So sorry this has happened to you :hugs: :hugs:

You are going to be a great mom - don't let this get you down!

good idea xxx i am gonna try and cut everything back as much as poss too xxx

does anyone know the sort of help with childcare costs we'd get once we go back to work or is it specific to each individual company and person. such a thing as a standard "full time/part time return to work" childcare allowance? x

oohh I didnt even know you got a childcare allowance - I thought you got whatever benefits and credits you were allowed dependent upon your individual earnings and had to sort yourself from there.

does anyone know the sort of help with childcare costs we'd get once we go back to work or is it specific to each individual company and person. such a thing as a standard "full time/part time return to work" childcare allowance? x

Some companies do childcare vouchers where you can take a portion of your salary in childcare vouchers and you don't pay tax on that amount... both parents can sign up. Try and contact your HR dept.

Also, have you applied for your Health in pregnancy grant yet?

yeah i did went straight on baby stuff was a godsend :D have rang CAB for advice, hopefully they can gimme sum guidance etc. i like your profile pic :) x

You're not gonna be a bad mummy at all!! You'll love him, take care of him, keep him safe. People manage and you will. I'm down £100 min when I get paid tomorrow I reckon because of sick days and even that's a heck of a blow. We haven't bought each other xmas gifts, just bought baby things. You'll be a fantastic mum, with or without. :hugs: xx

we are £400 down for the last 2 months and its made things tight to the point im waiting for the Child tax credits and Working TC to go into my account tonight to go to the supermarket and get basics,
if you go onto Direct.gov then you can find info on things like child benifit and child tax creidts that you can get after baby is born and you should be able to get onto the council list as priority if you need a place, you should also be able to claim working tax credits and get Housing benifit if you needed it,

I know its hard to feel good when you end up getting benifits but they are there for when people need them. we worked it out and due to DH's company not offering childcare vouchers then theres no point me working caus even full time id be earning £70-100 less per month than we would pay in childcare for DS let alone this baby as well. if your receiving Child tax credits then you can get help from that towards childcare as well depending on your money circumstances.

I know how hard it is to be stuck between this particular rock and hard place but im sure you will figure out whats best and if it is taking more time before going back to work then the plus side is getting to be with your baby longer

money doesnt make u a better parent hun,ur going to be great. xx

true :) think i jus worrying how much he likely to cost me lol x

true :) think i jus worrying how much he likely to cost me lol x
It's hard not to worry about things like that. We certainly do, I can't help thinking how much our bills are gonna go up with all the extra washing and stuff. I think in some respects it's a case of being sensible and not spending unneccessarily, something I'm having to learn to do myself, under much duress from my hubby :blush: xx

Lol, think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves really x

babies dont know anything about money and don't care about brand names etc. We are really short of cash as OH has been out of work for ages and can't find anything and with me going on leave we have next to no income, not sure what is gonna happen, but i dont think babies cost much once they are here, is just the preparation that costs

if thts true that's gd cos we got all the stuff the lists say to buy.... got most of it second hand woop bargains :D totally agree about brand names! whyyyyyy bother eh!

was gonna go silly with an icandy pram but then i saw sense :p

yeah our baby is an ebay baby... pretty much everything is second hand
have bought a new cot matress from a cheap website, but thats about it. Went around the charity shops a few weeks ago and kitted out LO for almost a year for about £20.. some of it brand new with labels still on. LO has a 2nd hand play mat but no other toys... a baby is happy with a crunched up bit of paper, or just watching you do stuff, so there is no need getting expensive toys they wouldnt care they had.
sounds harsh, but we have had to REALLY think about what LO ACTUALLY needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"