Stressed out with weaning!!

zelly1

BFP 1st round IVF
Reaction score
Hi ladies, my LO is 7 months on Sunday and been weaning her since 6 months. She has breakfast fine and lunch which is usually cracker bread or bread with cheese spread, cucumber, peppers, bread sticks. She's also tried banana, orange, apple. It's dinner time that is massively stressing me out. She won't eat anything I give her unless is it from a jar. I'm trying to do BLW as much as I can. She's tried blended spag Bol and was sick, chicken and veg (not interested) potato and beans (again not interested).

HV says they should eat what you eat but she is not having any of it unless purée. Don't really know what to do. Any advice? Thanks

I would probably give her a little puree if this is what she likes or quit worrying about a dinner. Your lo is still very young and solids right now is for exploring and fun. :)

Just keep offering her what you eat, even if she doesn't eat any of it. She will eventually. She's only 7 months. We didn't even offer dinner until 7.5 months and not regularly until 8 months. It's a lot for them to take in with the adjustment to solids, plus teething and other things that happen around that age, plus they are also getting tired by dinner time. So totally normal to not what to eat something. If you want to do BLW (and I'd really recommend it), then just stick to offering her what you are having and don't even think about whether she eats it or not. She might not have much interest in dinner yet, but in a month or two she will, and you'll be glad you stuck to your BLW plans.

Thank you for the reassurance ladies. Just felt like I was doing something wrong but she is fine with breakfast and lunch. I'll just keep offering her the food and see how she gets on with it and not stress out if she doesn't eat it

Food before 1 is just for fun, put it on her tray and leave her to it :) don't stress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->