Stressing about movement

Js32313

Reaction score
I am 36 weeks. I will be induced at 39 if I don't go on my own before that. I stress about movement daily. He moves mostly all day but there are down times. He has busier days and quieter days. I am an anxious person and worry all the time tho. The quieter days are really rough. Today he moved on and off all morning and early afternoon. Then I ate lunch and thought he'd move after but didn't really. We laid down for a nap and after awhile I did feel movement. I only feel movement low when laying down and high when sitting up. Don't know if it's because of anterior placenta. I am freaking myself out even though I did feel movement when laying down. Does anyone else worry like this or is it just me? When do you worry?

Youre not alone, i also worry about this, do you have a doppler? I find that if hes been quiet for most of the day i use my fetal doppler to listen to him which provides some reassurance. Xx

A doppler at this stage really shouldn't be relied upon. It shows your baby has a heartbeat but little else. Reduced fetal movement should always be checked out. It's normal for baby to have busier/ quieter periods and you will know your babys pattern- if s/he is moving less than normal please get checked over- it's what the Mw and drs are getting paid to do.

A doppler at this stage really shouldn't be relied upon. It shows your baby has a heartbeat but little else. Reduced fetal movement should always be checked out. It's normal for baby to have busier/ quieter periods and you will know your babys pattern- if s/he is moving less than normal please get checked over- it's what the Mw and drs are getting paid to do.

I didnt say i rely on it... Just said i use it if hes quiet (and he will usually kick it off). It gives you some temporary reassurance and obviously if baby still isnt moving much get checked out.

I agree with Loraloo, watch for baby's pattern of movement. If it changes then get checked out. My bubs is active first thing, pretty quiet during the day (a wriggle here and there but nothing significant) and then has a party in the evening! If that changes then I'll call in. If in doubt, get checked out. The likelihood is everything is fine but best to be on the safe side xx

I am the same, although I am not as far along ad you I am an anxious person anyway and have been to maternity once for reduced movement then thst night she wouldn't keep still! She has quieter days and periods but always make sure you phone for reasurrance even if you think everything is ok ita worth it for you not to be feeling stressed, I also have an anterior placenta which I think is why have more quieter days xx

If anyone is concerned about movements take your self to be seen xxxx better safe than sorry!

I worry a lot about reduced movement too. I always think I don't want to appear paranoid and turn up at the hospital for it all to be fine, but then I read a heartbreaking story on here about a woman who did leave it too late and unfortunately lost her baby and urged everyone who is worried to get in touch with the hospital, and after that I will be doing it. It's so worrying though isn't it.

In my case willow I was demanding to be seen as I knew something was wrong and I was ignored! I was in the day unit and being told everything was fine the day before my baby died!

Jessicahide that infuriates me so much, I cannot believe you lost your precious little one due to them not listening to your concerns.

Jessicahide that infuriates me so much, I cannot believe you lost your precious little one due to them not listening to your concerns.

The treatment we received was awful, like I said from 25 weeks I was seeing the midwife and hospital weekly saying he never moves the "recommended" amount of times... I was horror! Even my own family thought I was crazy. The day I took myself in and said "he had died I know he has!" I was told "You don't know that, don't say things like that...." By a midwife, low and behold he was gone....Funny how us women know our children and our bodies isn't it, but she still thought she knew best as she had read a bloody book once!!

I had to go home for three days before they induced me, and I just wanted to die!

Honestly heart breaking, I hope that this time around you are getting the treatment you deserve and are bloomin well entitled to!! You are right though isn't it weird how we can sense when something isn't right, mother natures way of getting us to do something about it i guess :)

It is normal to have some variation and they are asleep the majority of the time. I find drinking cold juice gives me a kicking every time or even just proding her. If she didn't respond to that I would go in. I haven't had to in this pregnancy but I did with ds and they were lovely and told me they'd rather I come in everyday than have me ignore my concerns and then miss something.

Jessica, I'm sorry for your loss, it's awful that they wouldn't listen to you.

JS - if you are ever worried about reduced movement, please get it checked out, it's probably fine but it's always better to be on the safe side.

I did go in the other day because I was nervous. He was moving. Just seemed less then normal. I called my doc and they had me go to the hospital to get checked out. When I got there baby was great. I on the other hand was not. I have chronic high blood pressure. It has been great all pregnancy. When I got there it was 173/95. It took them awhile to get it down. I was hospitalized for two days. While I was there they kept an eye on baby too and he was good. We got an ultrasound. I am being monitored every 3-4 days now instead of weekly with NSTs. I knew something was wrong that day. Guess it was just with me instead of baby. I say it was his way of getting me to the hospital.

I worry the same, my baby seems to have quiet days and active days, and on the quiet days i freak out, however I am recognising it now as his pattern. I read that at this stage they are sleeping a lot more and also running out of room so movements can feel different.

JS - I'm glad they are monitoring you, hoping it settles down soon. Glad your LO is ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->