Stressing after scan, small head and reduced amniotic fluid*update pg2 relief*

10thSept

Mummy to one
Reaction score
Hi there
I had a scan today and basically it was fine (17 weeks sexing scan, because my hospital doesn't tell you the sex at a 20 week scan).

The sonographer and doctor explained to me that the head is measuring small and this needs to be kept an eye on at 20 weeks. Also that there is reduced amniotic fluid, which again needs to be monitored at the 20 week scan.

I don't know what this means for the baby and how dangerous is it? and what can happen? Has anyone got any experience of this?
I'm totally stressing on what should be a magical day!
Thanks xx

I had my 20 weeks scan at 18 weeks and they said i had reduced amniotic fluid and they just scanned me weekly and by the time i was 20 weeks it was normal. They said sometimes it just the position baby lays in that they cant get an accurate measurement of the fluid, also my baby has measured small almost all the way through my pregnancy and still is measuring small but they told me not to worry about it to much and they just keeping a close eye on me but if your really concerned you can always ring your midwife or consultant if you got one. Im sure everything will be fine for you :hugs:

Thanks so much, that's very reassuring.
I shouldn't look in the internet - I've just read some stuff on reduced amniotic fluid and it's like a horror story.
Very glad it can correct itself and let's hope that happens when I get my 20 week scan!
Thanks
xx

nothing to suggest hun but just try not to worry to much, hard I know, but if you start stressing come on here and have a good ole rant :hug::hug:

aww hunni am sure its nothing to worry about. the amniotic fluid continues to replenish itself and you may mind come your 20 week scan there is more. i shouldnt worry too much about the head circumference either. they go on an average size and as you know babies all come in different shapes and sizes might just be that you carry small babies or that your baby hasnt had a growth spurt just yet and will do in a few days and his/her head will be measuring closer to the average iykwim.

anyways try not to worry too much easier said then done i know. and stay away from google i DEMAND it! googling it will only worry you further! :hug: x

Drink loads i was advised 1 pint of water every 2~3 hrs x

Too much information can really be a bad thing, so I agree.... step away from Google!

If you are still worrying, can you call your midwife for some clarification? She will be able to put your mind at rest.

Are you going to share the result of the gender part of the scan? Lets have the exciting news!!
:hug:

Just spoke to a midwife, who was reluctant to talk to me because I'm under 20 weeks (I couldn't get through to my named midwife).
Anyway, she suggested making an appointment to see my midwife tomorrow and she will decide if they want to scan me again sooner than 20 weeks and if I need a doctor allocated to me.

Gender in a sec...

Soooo, we're having a little baby girl!!!!
I'm soooooooooooooooooooo happy about it - and I can paint the nursery lilac!!!
(of the house we don't have yet, hehehehe)

Thanks for all your support ladies, realy appreciate it - and google is no longer my friend, I'm stepping away from google!!!!

Congratulations and I am pleased you are able to see your midwife tomorrow - I hope it all goes well!
:hug:

Congratulations on your little Girl, Im sure all will be okay at your next scan, thinking of you, take care :hugs: XX

Drink lots of fluids hon and congratulations. x

Hi, I agree with Pippin. Drink lots of water. At least 64 oz of fluids a day. Hopefully everything will be alright. Congrats on your pink bump! :pink: I wish you both the best!:happydance: Keep us posted! :hugs:

Thanks ladies!
Will def keep you updated, in the meantime, I'm just trying to focus on the lovely pink bump I am growing!!!
I can't tell you how much it helps being able to vent here and get reassurance.
xx

Glad you get to see the MW tomorrow... hope it puts your mind at ease... and glad you stepped away from google... it always pulls up the worst case scenerios... Keep us posted ... I am sure all is well... :hugs:

So happy that you're getting your girl hun!! Definitely avoid google.... I've lost count of how many times I've freaked myself out about our 12wk scan results through internet searching.... MUCH better to just surround yourself with positive people and positive thoughts :) :hug:

:pink: Congtaulations!! :pink: I am sure all will be ok at your next scan hun :hugs: x

Hi ladies
Thanks for all your support.
Got scanned today by a consultant, who said head has caught up with tummy and that the sizes are all normal now.
The fluid is still low, but in the normal range so nothing to worry about.
He'll rescan me at 20 weeks to get a proper idea.
So all a big relief, thanks again!

(but he was a bit mean...he kept saying how hard I am to scan because of my size and if they had known my weight when I got the 20 week scan done, they would have called me in at 21 weeks instead, because it'll be harder to see on me than someone slim. I got it the first time he said it, but he said it like 10 times over the course of 10 mins, very depressing, esp because you can't do anything about it when you're pregnant!!!!! argh!!!!)

Thats fabulous news huni!

I know its easier said than done but just forget about the consultant's comments and focus on your little princess and how amazing it is that she's all caught up and there's nothing to worry about :happydance:

So happy for you all!

Angela xxx

Great news hun!!!!!!

Ignore the man, seriously.... the only thing that's important is that your LO is okay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->