Stressing!

mpayne186

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and hoping for a little advice/reassurance from you all. Here's my situation. I'm 28 years old and married for 1 year. Not quite ready to conceive, but I want to "prep" my body so that it is ready when we are (probably in 6 months.) I've been on the pill since I was 15 years old. Since then, I've have per-cancerous cervical cells removed as well as a history of endometrosis and one procedure to have it removed. I quit the pill 4 months ago and still no period. 2 months ago, I began taking the ClearBlue ovulation tests. Both months the test indicated I had a period of "Peak" ovulation, but no period to follow. I've read that the test simply detects a rise in hormones, not necessarily that an egg has been released. I've also read that it can take the body 3 months to return to a normal cycle once coming off of the pill. With my history of Endo and no period for 4 months now, I'm beginning to panic. Due to my work schedule, I will not be able to see my gyno for at least another month. Has anyone had similar events? Am I needing to prepare myself for a road of infertility?

Im sorry i dont really have any decent advice, but you are still early to have came off the pill- 4 months isnt long for your body to adjust afte being on it for so many years. You're doing the right thing monitoring your body but sometimes it can panic us for no reason. There are lots of people with irregular cycles- im one of them! There are always ways to increase chances of conception, I conceived my daughter when i hadnt had a period for 3 months. On CD82 i got a positive ovulation test and i got my positive pregnancy test 10 days later on CD 93.

It is possible...you're doing as much as you can hun, keep monitoring and if you come across problems once you do start ttc then just know there are lots of things that can be done to help you along :hugs:

Didnt want to read an run on your first post, good luck :flower:

Please don't stress. I'm in the same boat, came off the pill 7mnth ago but had crazy cycles since and I am getting stressed too, but I honestly don't think all the negativity in my mind is helping things! You have only been 4 months, I've heard it can take much longer than that to regulate, nhs website said anything upto 6 months and I've heard can be longer than this. Don't read too much into it and get yourself worried when it is much, much to early to tell if there is even going to be an issue! See the docs if things don't improve or you need advice, but I don't think you need to be overly concerned just yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->