Stretch and sweep - discharge and leaking afterwards

lucylu79

Reaction score
I'm 40+9 today and 2 days ago I had my first stretch and sweep.
MW was happy with my progress, 2-3cm's dilated and easily stretched to 4cms, she was feeling baby boy's head freely, no major waters in front so she said rather than experiencing 'the gush' I had with ds more to expect 'the trickle'.

Before she did the procedure we talked about the discharge and she agreed it sounded like my plug in pieces and until later that day I didn't really have much, until that evening where I felt the most come out in one go that i'd experienced. In my pad and still hanging from me right into the toilet was a different discharge - Its very see through, almost like water except its totally enclosed in a bag if you like, its very long and has a slightly different smell to what i've been used to over the last few weeks, almost more sweet. I get this 3-4 times a day and I also had it during the night.

I'm due to be induced on tues but in the mean time I just thought i'd ask on here in case someone has experienced this and it's totally fine - I'm sure I can't miss my waters can I, I mean it would be more runny and wet rather than long and hanging wouldn't it?

Any advise appreciated :flower:

My waters were just that, water! So I'm guessing you are still loosing your plug, mind you if you aren't sure perhaps ring the midwife! Good luck, looking forward to an update soon saying you are in labour!

Where does all this stuff come from! It's never ending down there!

It is probably fine but if I were you I would get checked to be on the safe side. Good luck for the birth!

This is how mine was on Saturday after having a sweep on Thursday. Yesterday morning I gave birth! Hopefully it's the start for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->