stretch and sweep with babies head NOT engaged.

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
Will they do this if the baby hasn't dropped very much? My son keeps varying from 4/5ths to 5/5ths (not engaged at all) and hasn't dropped much more than that at all in weeks! My cervix is 50% effaced and 3-4 cms 'externally dialated' and 'internally dialated' 1.5cms (so like a funnel..). This may have changed since they last checked as i've been in slowwwwww labour for weeks:cry::cry::wacko: But they won't do an internal unless needed. (understandable..) I have a hospital appointment monday after a growth ultrasound and liquor level check again and i wondered if i stood a chance in hell at having a stretch and sweep if his head is not engaged? This is my 2nd child and my 1st didn't bother engaging until labour itself! Don't they say 2nd timers do the same?..so where do i stand with this?:dohh:

:flower:Cheers in advance.

I'm sure I read somewhere around here that they will do one as long as they can get up there, but I'm not 100% :shrug:

Im not sure either but just wanted to say good luck, I thought of you today and thought Id hadnt seen you around much.

They do say though second babies often dont engage until labour so they may do x

If they are happy to do one at your gestation then they will as the head does not need to be engaged, it's just whether they will do one before 40 weeks. Ask them it won't hurt! And good luck xx

ive been in slow labour since 35 weeks :( and my cervix has gone from 1cm (35 weeks) to 3-4 now so its like very favourable! i think i need a nudge really :(... Worth a shot?

cheers girls =D

They did with my last LO at 38wks he didnt engage till labour itself ( he was my 4th), the sweep worked the next day tho so good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->