Stretch mark creams...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by kristen77, Sep 6, 2009.

1. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,

Just wondered what (if any) you were using?? I have been told to use bio-oil in the morning and Palmers cocoa butter stretch mark cream in the evening. Have been using them for about a week now as I've told I need to get my skin in good condition...? What's anyone else using? Or am I jumping the gun?!!

xxx

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

2. Shazzy-babee

Shazzy-babee mummy

i just just coco butter, i only started using it a fews ago after i noticed strech marks on my bum, luckly none on my belly yet (fingers crossed it stays that way) but i use that twice aday

ShAzz
    xxx

3. Rachel S

Rachel S Well-Known Member

I think stretch marks are largely genetic, so ask your mum if she has many. I think using creams can't help, because you need to keep your skin hydrated. I use bio oil in the morning and at night I mix it with Nivea q10 lotion and slather it all over my tum and boobies.

4. littlebuddha

littlebuddha Guest

I put about 5 drops of bio oil in the bath because I don't like greasy hands, when I get out it's all soaked in and shimmery :)

P.s I think although genetic, prevention is better then cure with stretchmarks so its not a bad idea to start early as, you never know how early you'll get a bump! x

5. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

ooooh, great tip littlebuddah! also, it will stop my OH getting in with me and taking up all the space!!! x

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

6. Maybe baby

Maybe baby Well-Known Member

i am using bio oil all over...great tip about bath xx

7. MissE007

MissE007 Well-Known Member

I've just bought something called 'Pregnacare', although I guess Bio Oil is pretty good too. I say start early, the earlier the better!

My mother has absolutely no stretchmarks on her stomach, and with my first pregnancy neither did I until about 32 ish weeks.

At first I was like "ha! see no stretchmarks!" until then - BAM!!! a million in one go, and I must say I do regret it nearly four years later, as I used nothing but regular creams. Lol

This time I'm on damage limitation, so I can say - although the chances are that if it's gong to happen it will to some degree - there's no harm in trying! And I'm definitely trying this time!

8. Babynumber1

Babynumber1 Mum of 1 & Pregnant

Im only 8 weeks or so and i have just been using my normal aloe vera& cucomber vaslene body lotion at mo as i dont know if my skin is stretching just yet,but i do have palmers coco butter for stretch marks and the bio oil ready :) xx

9. pinktaffy

pinktaffy Well-Known Member

my sister has 2 children all she used was baby oil she bathed init and rubbed sum on her belly and she doesnt have 1 stretch mark at all, u would swear she hasn had kids shes so lucky. so im going to do wat she did and hope im as lucky

10. cbear

cbear Mummy to Aidan

With my DS i used avent dry oil spray. It was non greasy and i could feel the difference, plus it smells delish!

11. Miss-Boo

Miss-Boo Well-Known Member

I use bio oil when I can be bothered to rub it all in, and palmers cocoa butter when I can't, as it soaks in easier.
    I get stretch marks easily so I don't think I can stop them :(

12. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I have some regular lotion and some palmer's. I use them both from time to time (when I remember).