Stretch Marks :( any one else feel this way?

Oh hun i got them when i was pregnant with my DD. They started to appear around 34 weeks. All the sudden by the time she was born i have them all over my belly, hips, thighs, arms and even down the back of my legs. (i scratched alot so PLEASE dont scratch) After my dd was born the first time i walked in a looked in to mirror to take my first shower. I looked at my belly and my body. I thought i looked like an old women because my belly just kinda saged because i did put on alot of weight with her. I thought i would never be sexy again i hated myselfe and my body. I saw those stretch marks and new that they would never go away. I worked out and lost all the weight i gained with my daughter and got a more or less flat belly back but it was just those stretch marks. I could where shorts or short sleeve shirts because my stretch marks would show. My DH was WONDERFUL through all of it say ing that i am so beautiful and these are the marks of motherhood. Now they dont bother me at all. ITs just part of my life. This pregnancy i watched what i eat alittle more healthy and watched my weight gain. I havnt gotton any more but i am moisturizing like crazy too. They havnt even stretched or anything so i happy about that!!! DONT WORRIE if you get them you will learn to live with them and love your body the way it is now that you have had your DD

Thank you :D x

The way i see it is that stretch marks are a sign of motherhood/bravery/history and they should be respected by everyone. If my man ever left me for some younger, smoother, non stretchmark covered model, I'd stick with the "if he can't get over a few stretch marks then he's not worth me or my time" attitude. Thinking this way makes me feel so much better and much more accepting of the new chages to my body.

I hope this helps some of you. Afterall, you should never ever feel bad for having the scars/stretchmarks for something so beautiful such as a baby/babies:thumbup:.

Mine get me down a bit, the insides of my thighs are covered in really deep red ones and spreading to back of my knees, bum cheeks hips and lower tummy now :( bless my OH he says 'oh well nothing you can do about it don't worry youre still sexy' I try and remember that when we dtd and they're on show in all their glory!! Lol. But everyones right they're totally worth it and they will fade xxx

I have loads!! I'm gutted I didnt like my body before but now I hate it. OH said theyre just battlescars and he doesnt care but I cant help feeling theyre so ugly Ive got them on my pubic area right up to my belly and on my hips spreading to my back. I had a little cry in the shower the other day thinking 'who will ever want me'. OH said that I shouldnt be upset and be glad I'm having a baby, He thinks Im a little selfish but he doesnt understand that every woman that now says they dont care about their stretchmarks (eg my mum, his mum) probably hated them at first and got used to them but it's hard to just accept them when you're not used to them :(

that is true, it will take ages to get used to it, and feel comfortable with them, no matter how many times my partner says he loves them thinks they are sexy, i believe him, its just harder to accept, because it gets me down, and he knows it does, and accepts when im low about them, and says the same things, says im perfect and she is worth it, and to be honest she deffo will be worth it, but just going to take a while to get use to them, but i do believe bio oil helps a bit as well, even if they dont completely go, i dont want them so visible. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->