stretch marks on one side of stomach?! wtf

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by smashley, Jan 27, 2011.

1. smashley

smashley 1st bun in the oven

Over the past week I've gotten a few stretch marks on just one side of my stomach. I'm not complaining. I hope they don't show up on the other side, too. Has this happened to anyone else? They'll probably appear on the other side later I'm guessing?? :(

Not happy....

2. marmite

marmite Mother of 1

yeah, i had stretch marks on just one side for quite a while, I think it was because my little madam pretty much just lay on one side, I have got a few the other side now too though

3. ImABeeMummy

ImABeeMummy Mummy, Daddy and Logan <3

When I first started getting stretch marks, I only had them on the left hand side of my bump, then my hips, all on one side,
    now they are everywhere lol

4. x Alanna x

x Alanna x Well-Known Member

ive got stretch marks on my left calfe and not on the other one :S .. confused about that.. has my baby found a secret door to my left leg and decided to hide out there for a while?? haha.. xx

5. MissGx

MissGx Well-Known Member

I have them worse on one side.. Hmm.. Horrible things!

6. bethanchloe

bethanchloe Well-Known Member

I mistakenly thought I didn't have many and then I took a photo of the bottom of my bump and I look like I've been stabbed!
    I actually look like I'm covered in red leopard print - attractive eh? :)

7. bubba no.1

bubba no.1 Mummy to a Princess

I don't have any on my side (yet) but have them round my belly button and just underneath it

8. Mini_Me_x

Mini_Me_x Well-Known Member

Ive got loads! Comes with pregnancy girly! :)

9. Louppey

Louppey Mummy to 2 girls <3

I have stretchmarks on both sides, but one side is definately worse than the other. I think Roo must favour my left hand side lol :haha:

10. Flower_Girl

Flower_Girl Well-Known Member

At the moment I have a small patch of stretch marks on my left side, under my bump where I can't normally see them, until I looked at bump in the mirror on Sunday lol. I'm sure they are the first of many more to come!

11. courtney89

courtney89 Well-Known Member

Well so far I havent gotten them on my belly or sides yet. But I do have them on both butt cheeks and both boobies :( im not to happy either.

12. KitKatBit

KitKatBit Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

I think you're more likely to get them on the side where LO's back usually is first, rather than the feet side, as it puts more strain on things.

13. kimberley_80

kimberley_80 Well-Known Member

i got four on one side luckily under my tattoo so cant notice much and three on my other side quite faint ill have to get another tatt. the most gutting thing was not getting any with my last three kids then too get them with my last is out of order lol. x

14. lynzlogan

lynzlogan Guest

Yup....when pregnant with DS (now 3) i only got 5 verticle stretch marks on the left hand side of my tummy. length about the size of your thumb.
    They didnt appear anywhere else.

This time the same has happened again, this lil guy has just stretched the stretch marks that are already there, so i have the same 5 ones, only now they are longer lol!

I dont mind that they are one sided as if i go to the beach i can easily not look completely stupid with one hand placed on my lower tummy lol!