stretch marks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Emma01, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Emma01

Emma01 2 little boys

Hiya does anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks permenantly or is there any surgical process you have to go through cause mine make me feel sick please write back x:hissy:

2. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

Unless most of them are below your belly button (in which case you can have a tummy tuck after pregnancy) there is nothing you can do. With time they will fade and become almoust unnoticible (especially if you will have a tan)...

Sorry:hug: I learned to live with mine and call them my tiger stripes:rofl:

3. Vestirse

Vestirse Maker of the boobie booze

They'll fade and lessen, I promise you. I have some on my hips from a time in the hospital where I lost weight really rapidly and went through puberty at the same time (yes you can get them the other way round too!). They are barely noticeable.

I expect that I'll get them this time around too no matter what I do so I'm not worried. But they do fade and lessen with time, really.

4. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

they do fade, are u using bio oil or anything?

5. Emma01

Emma01 2 little boys

haha i call them worms :rofl:
    there really red an they stand out a mile off i had them before on the insides of my legs when i was younger an i dont know why i hope they go cause im really self conshous about my body an they dont help matters lol xxx:baby:

6. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I used bio oil & cocoa butter on mine during my pregnancy and still have them really bad, so don't bank on that totally!!

I had stretch marks on my boobs after puberty.. I used bio oil & other vitamin e products on them and they are pretty much unnoticeable now, unless you really look for them. They're skin colour :)

I have to admit tanning helps too sorta!!

7. KJunkie

KJunkie Guest

Some people are just genetically screwed when it comes to stretch marks. I was up and down on weight as a child therefore I have the "battle scars" to prove it. Its really a confidence downer but you learn to live with them.

8. amylw1

amylw1 my 3 boys in avatar. x

avon do a stretch mark "remover" it doesnt remove them but it does make them the same height as the surrounding skin. it has rough bits in it that work as an exfoliant. i personally think its more the fact you are applying some sort of creme and massaging the area more than whats in it.

as for being red they do usually fade to a silvery colour. i hated mine when i got them my eldest - b4 pregnancy i was a size 10, really toned and went gym 3-4times a week. afterwards i was a size 12-14 and had stretchmakrs on boobs, belly and thighs. i did get used to them, (wont say i liked them) but they did fade, but by time they had gone silvery and barely noticeable i fell pregnant with number 2!

9. mama2b

mama2b Mummy & TTC

There is a cream I have heard of that is the ONLY proven cream that 'removes' stretchmarks but it is about £120 I have tried to find the product link on google but not having much joy !

I don't know much about it so im not sure if they still have to be red or have faded for it to work.

All I know is that Im asking for a tube for my birthday if I ever find the damn link !

I really sympathise with you hun as I have some around my belly button and I hate them yet I have silver ones on my thighs that you can't even tell are there (unless go looking) and they don't bother me at all !

10. princessttc

princessttc Well-Known Member

Im covered and felt the same as u... i know its unbelievable but as u progress in pregnancy u generally care less and less.. because theirs nothing u can do to get rid of them....:hissy:

Im coming to terms with mine and as all these ladies said they do fade....

mine are very bad, i have posted a pic on here not long ago, and yeah their not pretty :(

11. Emma01

Emma01 2 little boys

I use palmers coco butter it smells nice but its not working as much as id hoped when i first got them i didnt know everyone got them an i just thought i was getting fat where i shouldnt have been lol. I hope they fade soon though if they dont then il just have to live with them :cry: Thanks for the supporting comments guys its good to hear that its not just me xxxx

:hugs: