Stretch marks

J

jay.92

Hello ladies, Im 14 weeks and 2 days today and Im starting to get worried about stretch marks. Has anyone found any tricks to keeping stretch marks away for as long as possible and has anyone found a decent stretch mark cream :winkwink: .

Thank you for any advice and tips

Hmm, every time i have a shower i but bio oil on and none have appeared yet!

sometimes stretchmarks cant be avoided, it depends on your skin, but this is the best thing ive found :)

If going to get them going to get them no amount of cream will stop that, sorry.
Ive always read that drinking the required amount of water every day is meant to help the most.
I didnt get any till i was 34weeks with first pregnancy, by time i delivered completely covered.

I think its largely in the genes im afraid. I didnt get big with my first two, I was in fact really tiny, with just a neat bump, but it didnt stop me getting them :cry:, they werent massive ones, but lots of little ones, and I moisturised every night religiously. My best friend (who is a tiny size 8) had twins last year, didnt moisturise at all, got massive and didnt get one tiny stretch mark, her tum is a taught as it was when she was 16 :growlmad:. Life is sooo unfair sometimes :cry::cry:. xx

Nothing stopped me getting them with my first bub. At full term my tummy was entirely covered. Was so devasated by them but they faded well - I guess they'll be back again though!

Apparenty bio oil is very good, i didnt use this as I used loads of other stuff but I honestly believe they arent avoidable, it depends on your skin. x

Cream (I use palmers cocoa butter formula anti-stretch mark cream) and Bio Oil may not be 100% effective, but they are worth a try.

I am prone to stretch marks, have been using both since the start of pregnancy (cream once a day after shower, oil on top in "problem areas" and then again before bed), have gone up two cup sizes, but no new stretchmarks yet... :shrug:

Of course that may well change (especially in the last few weeks of pregnancy...).

In the meantime, I have lovely soft, nice smelling, non-itchey skin... can't be a bad thing :happydance:

If you use them and they don't work, then at least you have tried. If you don't use them and you get them, then they could (possibly/probably) have been less bad if you made the effort...

QT

i moisture using cocoa butter, and aloe vera gel and drink lots of water, and i have 1 roung my belly button :( i guess i can only keep trying lol

I've used bio oil from day one but I don't know why I bother. I have a fair few on my stomach now.

I use bio-oil everyday, try and do it twice aday but I am getting forgetfull atm,hehe. I have also been told that 'Burts bees - mama bee body oil' is really good, So i am going to be getting this. Also you can get 'Pure vitamin E oil' from like health palces like holland and barretts.............. This is also ment to be good.
I am going to be trying everything any anything. :hugs: xxxxx

I use bio-oil everyday, try and do it twice aday but I am getting forgetfull atm,hehe. I have also been told that 'Burts bees - mama bee body oil' is really good, So i am going to be getting this. Also you can get 'Pure vitamin E oil' from like health palces like holland and barretts.............. This is also ment to be good.
I am going to be trying everything any anything. :hugs: xxxxx

Hi, I have to agree that if you're prone to them you will probably still get some but you can prevent a massive breakout all over if you keep well hydrated and moisturised as much as possible. It's not the moisture, it's the stimulation of the blood to the skin so rub vigourously and generate a bit of heat with the Bio Oil (I'd recommend this every evening and a Cocoa butter for the day times, less greasy on clothes).

Try to drink lots, I have a litre of water with every evening meal and two or three glasses with every other, so keep swigging back water.

If you do get them, don't be too hard on yourself - blame your mother! And remember, you can cover them up easy enough until they fade, after a year they'll be just silvery lines under the skin and you can call them your war scars from pregnancy - you'll be like millions of other ladies in the world and completely not alone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"