stretch marks!!!

TTC86JMS

Reaction score
ive been reeading a load of threads,and not once have i seen someone complaining bout this issue!!1arent you ladies scared of aquring them all over your bump?obviously this is myfirst pregnancy and altho it sounds lame im worried ill ge a bad outbreak.im trying all i can to avoid it,drinking lotsof water,im using pregnacare cream and trying to keep active,any tips ladies???

I throw some lotion on my belly when I remember, which really is only every few days. The main reason being I have an incision from my laparoscopy in January that split open and it still has not healed, and the mw told me to put lotion on it to prevent any problems. As far as stretch marks, everything I've heard/read says that you will get them no matter what if you're going to, so that stuff is little help. I will probably use more lotion later on, but for now, I just can never remember. But really I'm not that worried, if they come, they come.

I'm not too worried either. I still have stretch marks from growing when I was younger so what's some more :haha: I've started using Jergens' lotion, but only because my skin has gotten very dry...so we'll see :)

yeah,got it too as i was growing,how sad tho,i guess its a sacrifice 4 a beautiful baby

I'm already getting them on my boobs! I don't want to get them but I've figured out it's pretty much inevitable in my case since I'm already getting small ones so I will wear them with pride!!

Yea, totally worth it :) I thought about it and not sure if it would help prevent them, but I know when my sister had knee surgery the Dr. said she could put vitamin e on her scar to help fade it. She didn't do it for too long, but it did look like it helped...maybe that might help with the elasticy of the skin? :shrug:

I have them on my boobs, hips and upper thighs due to a "growth spurt" in college (read: getting fat). I don't really want more but they're a lesser stress to me right now than some things. ;D I'm sure later I'll be concerned, though. I have cocoa butter, just need to remember to put it on sometime!

My belly is covered with them from being on Depo & gaining 140 lbs in less than a year while on it so I'm not to worried. I figure after baby is 6-8 months or so I'll get a tummy tuck and they'll all go away.

if you use belly butter (cocoa butter) Shea butter, Vitamin E oil you have a chance of not getting them although I have heard depends on your genes. I know with my first pregnancy I used Cocoa Butter all over my belly right after I got out of the shower, then will let it air dried, and applied Vitamin E oil after. I used shea butter as a body wash. and I did not get any stretch marks only on my boobies, and some on my inner thighs.

I'm not so concerned about getting them though!.

It's very much genetic. I forgot to use lotion most of the time and didn't get any. My mom never got any either. If your mom had them, most likely you will too. Luckily, they seem to fade after a while.

I just feel like.... it's not so bad. I got plenty of them with my first, and at first they're all red and screamin' so you think they are just awful... but now they've faded, and although yes, I can still see them... they are just... there. My husband doesn't care or notice anymore, and niether do I.

Don't stress. They are usually lower on your tummy, and once you get back into shape they are much less noticeable.

Def in the genes! My mom had them.

I tried with the lotion, the coca butter, everything, and I didn't have them until 7 1/2 months...then they just kept coming!

2 years later, i'm back to pre-preg state, but with stretch marks. Ya, they're not as noticable as they once were, but I won't be wearing a bikini any time soon!!

I used lotion on my belly when I was pregnant with DD and was lucky to not get any strech marks. Now I just started putting the same lotion because my skin has been itching and I think thats a sign of streching.. I use the Queens Helen lotion its smells good and makes my skin so soft!

Hey hun,

During my first pregnancy I thought I had totally skipped stretch marks. I didnt get a single one until I was 8.5 mths. Unfortunately they came with a vengance and I now look like a shark attack victim!

However! Once your LO comes along they dont seem so bad. I hardly n mine now, even though they are still there.

xxx

my mum doesnt have any,my sis got just a little bit around her waist with her dd,as for me,i know i will get does relly dark ones on my belly.just hope it fades after sometimes

None of my family have ever had them but I was covered by 40 weeks with my first. I attempted everything, every night without fail. Nothing worked for me!

im so scared about getting stretch marks! ive been using bio oil in the morning and mama mio stretch mark cream every evening, and making sure im drinking loads, but if were going to get them, were going to get them!

I'm terrified about stretch marks. My mom and sister never had them so I hope i'm in the clear. I've already started using cocoa butter, which I thought was going to smell a lot better than it does, but it's kinda stinky! Does anyone know a good lotion to use with the same benefits of cocoa butter but smells better?

My OBGYN said with my DD that they are hereditary to ask your mom and she if and when she got them. I found this to be pretty accurate for my family and some friends families and my in laws side.

I got them starting at 16 weeks with DD and my the time I had her I had bright purple streaks from my boobs down to my upper thighs!! I used cocoa butter cream every single day 2x daily too. My mother said she was like that too.

My sister in laws on the other hand got two or three stretch marks....and when I asked their mom, she said she got maybe one or two out of all three of her pregnancies!!!

Maybe its a fluke, but I am going with that! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"