stretch marks?

emzlouize

mum 2 Aidan & Angel Mason
Reaction score
hi ladies i know its a bit early for me to get any stretch marks as of yet but i like to be prepared hehe!

can you tell me if and when you got them and wot u used to prevent them i have heard cocoa butter is a must??

I got stretch marks at about 30 weeks all at the very bottom of my bump under my belly button. They came during a growth spurt. I've been using cocoa butter since the start. I don't really believe there is anything you can do to prevent them I'm afraid!

I had been getting them from 20 weeks and since about 30 weeks they have got no worse - thank god.

I started with the coco butter, but personally didn't like it so went and invested in some bio-oil, which a friend had recommended to me she had been using it to help clear some scar tissue.

Like Peanut Bean says, if they are going to come they will come and there's no stopping.

x x

i have used Bio-Oil and Palmers Tummy Butter from about 12 weeks, have got none on my bump just noticed a few this weekend on my hips and bum xx

its more genetic than anything as to wether you get them tho hon, you can keep skin supple and help the appearance of them but there is no way of preventing em the buggers!!!

well i heard tha if ur already prone to stratch marks then u are more than likley to get them on ur tummy, my mum didnt get them but i already have some silver ones on my hips and thighs xx

I got my stretch marks really early in my pregnancy...i used Bio oil and they have pretty much gone...its expensive but worth every penny:) xx

I've been really lucky so far and haven't got any... I have been using bio oil now and then and am going to use it regularly now. my mum didn't get any stretchmarks but my sister has some so i'm not sure if i'll get them or not

i got mine at 38 weeks- thought I had got away with it! I've been using bio-oil since the start, but I have a few on my hips from growing when I was younger, so I guess i'm just prone to them!

I got them at 26 weeks or so, just a couple but in the last 2-3 weeks they have exploded! I used cocoa butter and bio oil twice a day EVERY day and it didn't help. Doctor said its the hormones and your genetics so if you are gonna get them, all the cream in the workd ain't gonna help.

So don't be like me and feel really disheartened if/when they arrive. You do your best with the creams but it might not help...

K x

Hi hun, I've been using mama mio tummy rub oil then bio oil when that ran out but still got stretchies :-( From around 24 weeks I think it's those growth spurts I think, plus my skin is prone to them so depends on genetics like others have said x x

I am at 33 weeks and haven't got any yet....... However am checking morning and night... just know they are gonna find me soon!! LOL I have been using bio oil since i was 12 weeks and like others have said it is expensive but well worth it. xx

i havnt got any yet and have been using bio oil everyday but there is still time left for me yet!!

I've been using cocoa butter and I have none yet! Here's hoping the next 11 weeks are as kind to me!

I'm using Cocoa Butter and Bio Oil. I know people will say that there's no way that you can prevent them, but I've only ever gotten them in places that I wasn't thinking to put it.

Don't just do your belly! Boobs, hips, thighs and butts can get them as well. TRUST me. I would know. :dohh:

My mum didnt get them but my dad has strech marks on his arms from weight lifting, i think if you're gonna get them theres nothing you can do to stop them and the creams just keep your skin supple and feels nice. I got them from 26 weeks around my belly button where LO keeps stretching out with his back. He's been in this position either side of belly button for weeks now.x

Ive been using cocoa butter and ive got loads of stretch marks :cry:

I saw 2 of them at 28 weeks.
Now, I have a LOT! but Thank God I am only getting them bellow my belly button!
At first I cried when I saw them, but now... who cares!! I love themm!!! they were done by my baby!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->