Stretching pains

peach81

Mom of 1, growing #2
Reaction score
So I'm just sitting here at my desk at work, going about my day feeling pretty normal. And then I sneeze... and suddenly, I'm distracted by the sharp pain in my groin.

Please tell me that this stops happening some time BEFORE the birth...

It will probably come and go throughout the entire pregnancy - more on than off, for me, but making sure you're getting enough water will help your ligaments to stretch more gracefully. :)

Thanks ladies. I'll add this to my list of "Suck it up! It's worth it!" aches and pains. ;)

It'll stick around but I found that specific pain was worse in the first trimester. Happened when sneezing, standing up after sitting down for a while and rolling over in bed! Was less frequent in the second trimester, it's now starting to make a strong come back in the 3rd! I dread sneezing!

I've had the joy of that experience a few times already myself.

Very normal. It's usually round ligament pain. It tends to be more noticeable early on. Not sure if that's because you probably move slower and with more care later (I tend to get it when I stand up too quickly) or because there are enough other pains eventually that you don't notice these as much. But yes very normal, I think I've had them from 4 weeks each time. It was nothing compared to SPD though which started around 30 weeks so lots more to look forward to!

I had SPD in pregnancies before and it is PAINFUL. My hips felt like they were popping out of place every time I walked. I highly doubt that's what it was for you though. Usually SPD doesn't show up until later in pregnancy, around the third trimester. It sounds more like round ligament pain to me. Round ligament pain causes a sudden, sharp pain especially upon moving or sneezing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->