• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Strong bh's & plug - linked?

Kimboowee

Complete
Reaction score
Can strong bh's cause you to loose your plug?

They were worryingly painful last night, codiene and a bath eased them off slighty - but then this morning bits of plug? Could that be causing it?

They've not been as bad today, I've had a few but there irratic!

I started loosing my plug 6 days before labour last time after a good sweep so this is a bit new!

Before I lost my plug, I had pretty regular BH for hours. I'm pretty sure they're related.

Tuesday I had BH every 6 mins for 4 hours, and yesterday at my appt, my mw said I was 2 - 21/2 cm dialated, and that the BH were helping things move along.

:flower:

Thats what I thought, because BH's arent supposed to make changes in the cervix, but then im loosing my plug?!

I don't want anything to happen yet! It can all wait til 37 weeks!

At 29 weeks, your plug can 'grow back'. If you really think you've lost your plug, I'd give your mw/dr a call (just because it's really early for you).
BH usually aren't painful, but everyone has different experiences with them.
If you're ever worried about contractions, make sure you call someone. And drink tons of water, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"