Strong positive 9 days after conception?

mummactr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm not sure of all the common abbreviations so I'll just say this as simply as I can! I had my Mirena IUD removed on Feb. 8th due to the strings being "lost" and causing me discomfort. I then bled from Feb 10th until the morning of Feb 12th. (I did not bleed for the year that the IUD was inserted). The night of Feb 12th I had sex with my partner and the condom broke. On the 21st I experienced some light brown spotting and took a test to be sure I wasn't pregnant (half thinking that it was silly to even get a positive yet at that point). It was a first response non digital and the lines came up very dark (positive). Based on the date of conception I'm exactly 5 weeks today.. Is it normal to have such a strong positive 9 days after the possible conception date? I have taken several digital and non digital tests since then, all saying pregnant as well. I'm worried about twins at this point... Anyone experience this? TIA!

When you say strong, how strong was it? WEre the lines as dark as the ckntrol or was it just strong enough that you didn't need to squint or anything to see it but it was still much lighter than the control?

I have had a positive which was clear although still much much lighter than the control around 9/10 days past ovulation especially on a First response early response test. Was it this test you used?

Is it possible you could have been pregnant before the IUD was removed (due to the strings going missing)? As this could have meant it wasn't in place properly therefore not working properly. This could mean your further on than you think and may explain the dark positive.

When you say strong, how strong was it? WEre the lines as dark as the ckntrol or was it just strong enough that you didn't need to squint or anything to see it but it was still much lighter than the control?

I have had a positive which was clear although still much much lighter than the control around 9/10 days past ovulation especially on a First response early response test. Was it this test you used?

Is it possible you could have been pregnant before the IUD was removed (due to the strings going missing)? As this could have meant it wasn't in place properly therefore not working properly. This could mean your further on than you think and may explain the dark positive.

Thanks for the reply! It was a first response early detection test, and the test line was as dark as the control line. I also know that I wasn't pregnant prior to removal (or it is very unlikely) as I had had an ultrasound about 2 weeks prior to removal to find the IUD in my uterus and nothing looked off then.

A lot could change in the two weeks before removal, so you could very well have gotten pregnant after your ultrasound, or been very early during the ultrasound so it wouldn't have been detectable maybe? It seems.. Strange to have such a dark positive like that so early! I'm intrigued, truly. Do you have a doctors appointment set up yet?

A lot could change in the two weeks before removal, so you could very well have gotten pregnant after your ultrasound, or been very early during the ultrasound so it wouldn't have been detectable maybe? It seems.. Strange to have such a dark positive like that so early! I'm intrigued, truly. Do you have a doctors appointment set up yet?

That's true... I have an appointment with doctor for tomorrow, going to request blood work and an ultrasound to date the pregnancy to be sure. I'll post what I find out!

I didn't test that early, but I will say I believe with some pregnancies hcg just rises very very quickly. With daughter, I had blood level tested at 4w6d (about 20 DPO) and my hcg was over 18,000 already. If I had gone by hcg alone, that number would have suggested I was at least 6 weeks, but I had a scan 9 days later and the pregnancy was measured at 6w2d, so I was actually 4w6d when the blood was taken. Plus, I only had sex once in the previous 3 months so I knew when I got pregnant. So just putting this out there as a possible explanation, maybe?? But yes, a strong positive at just 9 DPO is not something you typically see. Congratulations and best of luck!!

Interested to find out will keep checking back. Congratulations! X

Congratulations. I think it is more likely it was sometime before the night the condom broke that you conceived.

Thank you! I really don't think I conceived prior to the IUD removal, but I suppose it's possible. I'll post as soon as I find out results from blood and ultrasound :)

Thank you! I really don't think I conceived prior to the IUD removal, but I suppose it's possible. I'll post as soon as I find out results from blood and ultrasound :)

My friend is currently pregnant with a baby conceived whilst the coil was in place. I've seen it loads of times on this site! Its very possible!

Please do update us when you know :)

Hi all,

I'm not sure of all the common abbreviations so I'll just say this as simply as I can! I had my Mirena IUD removed on Feb. 8th due to the strings being "lost" and causing me discomfort. I then bled from Feb 10th until the morning of Feb 12th. (I did not bleed for the year that the IUD was inserted). The night of Feb 12th I had sex with my partner and the condom broke. On the 21st I experienced some light brown spotting and took a test to be sure I wasn't pregnant (half thinking that it was silly to even get a positive yet at that point). It was a first response non digital and the lines came up very dark (positive). Based on the date of conception I'm exactly 5 weeks today.. Is it normal to have such a strong positive 9 days after the possible conception date? I have taken several digital and non digital tests since then, all saying pregnant as well. I'm worried about twins at this point... Anyone experience this? TIA!

I came off the patch and conceived Feb13/14. 9 days after I got a positive on clear blue digital (wasn't even using 1st morning pee), I assumed it was a false positive (Clear Blue Digis are known for this) I took 2 1st response, 2 early bird, another clear blue digital and a clear blue plus. All positive, all strong and none using 1st wee of the day, as you are meant to. Only concern I have now is this is my third pregnancy, first two ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks, I'm 5 weeks now so getting nervous. Not had many symptoms but feel like I've known forever, do wish I hadn't tested so early.
xx

just got my HCG results back from blood work - 776. I have to go in tomorrow to see if they've doubled in the 48 hours... please wish me luck, so scared that it's not going to be okay. :nope:

776 is a pretty great number! Why are you concerned?

Congrats! Not unusual Hun! I got a dark bfp at 8 days after conception and it was as dark as the control by 10 dpo. That was with my second. I got a bfp an entire week before my period was even due!

776 is a pretty great number! Why are you concerned?

I was told it was low but after reading online I'm thinking its normal? I'm hoping it's fine. I'll update on Thursday when I find out if I've doubled appropriately!

I got my results back from my second blood draw. Went from 776 to 1734 in exactly 48 hours which is over doubling... Double would have been 1552. Over the moon with happiness right now!

Yay congrats. There's no better feeling xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"