Stronger braxton hicks closer to birth?

Carrie76

Mummy to Ethan and Isla
Reaction score
I don't remember this with Ethan but I've noticed the past few days especially at night my braxton hicks are getting alot stronger. Maybe it's because this is my second pregnancy? HAs anyone else experienced this? :flower:

Yes as we speak lol sone really take your breath away that combined with shooting pains in cervix bad Back ache the joys of pregnancy I soooo wish men could experience it

I'm glad it isn't just me! Not that I would wish them on anyone, lol. I don't think my Hubby would last a day heavily pregnant :haha:

iv noticed this too and am on my 3rd pregnancy, especially at night. and i thought babys movements were restricted as they got bigger, lil madam is active practically 24 hours a day now

Ha...I'm having some now and I have experienced them more frequently since 37 weeks.

Yes I have been having these a lot worse recently. I have been having Braxton Hicks from 24 weeks and was experiencing tightening across my bump, sharp pains in my womb, sharp pains in my lower pain and sharp pains across the skin on my bump. I thought it was extremely painful and my midwife explained that I was just having more severe ones but that was ok as my waters were intact, I hadn't lost my mucus plug and I wasn't feeling regular tightenings (contractions). But, recently I have been having them a lot worse to the stage where I am unable to move, walk about or even in some cases, sit down. I was really worried that I was going to have my baby early when it first started but it turns out my HB's are just getting stronger because I am later in pregnancy and also measuring 2 weeks ahead :dohh: xx

I had BH contractions from 20 weeks during my pregnancy, and from about 36 weeks they definitely increased in both timing and intensity. I remember telling the midwife at about 37 weeks or so that my BH were getting "longer stronger and closer together"! anhd then my beautiful baby was born on her due date :)

Yeah mine are getting stronger still irregular tho and I mainly get them at night.. the joys lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->