Struggling at 23...

xfriends

Reaction score
I just want to share my situation on here and see if anyone else is going through the same struggle, or has done and succeeded in getting pregnant and having a baby.

I got pregnant in 2013 and suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks. This was a completely unplanned pregnancy however it was still devastating.

I have now been trying for 5 months and usually try to conceive when I am ovulating. However it is still not happening which feels soul crushing.

This month I had pregnancy like symptoms and my period was over a week late, however it arrived yesterday and destroyed all hopes of me being pregnant.

I would like to know how I can find out when exactly I ovulate. I have used techniques such as calculating and having sex on and around the 14th day of my cycle but this is not working at all.

If anyone has any good advice for me please let me know. Thanks xx

First of all, best of luck!

One thing you can try is temping - buy a special basil body thermometer (bbt) and choose a time to temp every day. You need to have at least four hours of good, uninterrupted sleep, so a lot of women do this right when they wake up in the morning. You also need to do it at the same time every day. You can look up more details on this, but generally your body temp goes up after you ovulate, so this can help you identify exactly which day you ovulate each month so you can develop a pattern.

You can also check your cm. I find this less reliable because my body just plain doesn't put out the right amount of cm, but for many women it's very helpful.

Put the data from all of these into a fertility app - many women here use Fertility Friend, which is available as both a free and a paid app, paid just has more features.

I also use softcups after BD, however I haven't been successful yet, so I can't guarantee their effectiveness.

Best of luck!

I just want to share my situation on here and see if anyone else is going through the same struggle, or has done and succeeded in getting pregnant and having a baby.

I got pregnant in 2013 and suffered a miscarriage at 8 weeks. This was a completely unplanned pregnancy however it was still devastating.

I have now been trying for 5 months and usually try to conceive when I am ovulating. However it is still not happening which feels soul crushing.

This month I had pregnancy like symptoms and my period was over a week late, however it arrived yesterday and destroyed all hopes of me being pregnant.

I would like to know how I can find out when exactly I ovulate. I have used techniques such as calculating and having sex on and around the 14th day of my cycle but this is not working at all.

If anyone has any good advice for me please let me know. Thanks xx

Also opks (ovulation test predictors) you can find them at your local walmart, cvs, walgreens, or target. You can get them even cheaper by ordering online from Amazon.com or Ebay.com. You test by using a urine sample around the time of your predicted Ovulating Day. It is best to test around 2pm you can find more info by googling. GL

As frustrating as it is, 5 months is not that long in the world of TTC. I think the average is around 9 months. It is soul crushing I agree. We use OPK and fertility friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->