Struggling - is this normal? Please help.

joyjumper

Reaction score
I am due on Thursday but has a sweep at the hospital on Sunday after having mild contractions, a bloody show and lots of increased watery dishcharge since last Wednesday. When she did the sweep she said I was barely 1cm dilated, cervix thick and not in labour yet, I was gutted. :cry:
Since the sweep I have been in agony day and night. I'm getting really painful contractions just in my back but they are not regular - they go from 10 minutes to 5 minutes to 8 minutes apart and then nothing for like an hour.

I feel bruised inside around where I imagine my cervix is, and have a constant pain through my back, I can't sit down easily and am struggling to pee - it feels like my bladder is sore. Last night was terrible - I didn't get a wink of sleep and was in tears most of the night with the pain through my back. The pain is not so bad in the daytime.

I'm not sure if this pain is normal after a sweep, has anyone else experienced this? I feel stupid phoning my midwife to tell her I'm in pain, cos that's what labour is about isn't it, but I'm not coping at all well with this.

Can anyone help with any suggestions? I'm close to meltdown with this.

Thanks
X

Hi I'd say don't be embarassed and just call. They are the professionals with the knowledge and the right answers. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->