Struggling so much with the wait, help!

HopefulPony

Mummy to Porge and Bobbin
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I need some support! I have a beautiful 15 month old son and we are WTT number 2 til next March. Normally I'm ok with it but today I'm mega struggling! I'm SO broody it's unreal, ever since my son turned one it's like something's turned and my body is saying "right, I need another baby!" We are waiting because we put our son in nursery 2 days a week while I'm at work, and we can't afford 2 nursery places, so the plan is when baby 2 goes to nursery George will be 3 and getting his funding. Also it'll give George time to be a bit older and more independent - I had severe sickness and SPD during pregnancy and really struggled, plus he is a busy, interested toddler! I know it's the right thing to do but all I can think of is I need to be pregnant again! Help me ladies, how do you cope?!

I completely understand how hard waiting can be! Some days you just want to throw caution, and your plans, into the wind and go for it. I wish had something to make it easier. I have to try really hard to remind myself about why we have decided to wait and sometimes that helps a little.

Welcome to b&b. I think most of us here can relate. I can only think of two things I can suggest to help a little. One would be to remind yourself of why you're waiting like previous poster said. Two, to have little stepping stones of things you plan on doing between now and then. Things you want to accomplish before ttc, trips/vacations, any thing you can look forward to to help break up the time and once you have done that or passed that time, you can put a little mental check mark that you have passed that stepping stone and are now closer than before. I will give an example for me just in case I didn't describe that very well. We are waiting until January but are moving at the end if September back to my home state so I am counting down to the move because once that is done we are one huge step closer to ttc and then it will be just a few months until we ttc.

I'm right there with you! We are waiting until December so my ODD will be going into kindergarten and we would only have our second child and baby in daycare. It's so expensive! I was doing fine, and then BAM! My body is literally craving for a baby! It's bittersweet almost because I think this will be our last and it's like waiting for a present. But holy moly, my husband is having a hard time fending me off :)

I'm wtt for my first so right now I have no clue when I'll have children. :shrug: Some days are worse than others and I know I'm not ready for children yet but at the same time I get tired of waiting. :wacko:

I completely understand how you feel right now! I got my first PPP earlier this month and I've been super broody lately because of it. I know that I need to control my biological urges, but it feels like DS is growing up way too fast and I miss having a baby bump and feeling baby kicks and having a tiny newborn. If I can I'm trying to hold out until June 2016 for a 3 year age gap so that hopefully DS will be out of diapers by the time we fall pregnant (and should definitely be out of them by the time that we give birth). I may not make it that long though, I'll probably cave June 2015 and beg my DF to put another baby in me. :haha:
We said that we'll see how we feel next year, but I get the feeling that I'll be bursting at the seams with broodiness and DF still won't be ready. :wacko:

Right now I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and focus on the baby that I already have as much as possible. After all my time with just him is precious since it won't last forever. I'm also trying to stay busy with wedding plans and WTT goals and preparations before we'll be ready to start TTC. It's at least been helping me to not go absolutely insane. I know that eventually the time to start TTC WILL come and I take comfort in that knowledge.

There's no magic solution (if you find one I'd like to know it!!) But distraction is helpful, don't wish your life away though, you only get one, your LO well grow up day and you dint want to miss it wishing your life away for the next one.it's super hard but time actually goes by pretty fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->