Struggling to catch a breath :/

Amy89

Soulmate, Ollybear, and I
Reaction score
Just looking for some reassurance ladies, really!
I've found over the last few days that my heart randomly starts racing when I'm just sat down,in bed, or just standing around at work...and I'm getting a really odd feeling that I'm not getting enough air in my lungs, like I can't get a full breath. I'm not panicking or doing anything different when this happens, but I've tried just taking longer breaths/concentrating on my breathing (which makes my heart best quicker resulting in feeling REALLY short of breath), panting (makes me feel like I'm gonna pass out), and just ignoring it (feels like I NEED to do something because I can't get enough air)
It's starting to stress me out - I can't put my finger on how it feels. Kind of like someone's as on my chest I suppose :/

i get this too, i just assume that were LO is getting bigger shes squishing part of my lungs. i think it will stop when she drops

I hope it's soon!

it is horrible isnt it, i get panicy every single time. thinking that its not going to stop or get worse and i wont be able to breath at all :/

In fairness it might be the start of a chest infection - I've got an awful cough that's moved down to my chest over the last 2 weeks.
I getting panicky feeling - I'm convinced I'm going to suffocate sometimes.

I had this when I was heavily pregnant. I was told that it was baby pushing all my organs up because I was so big. If your concerned then ring your midwife and she will put you on the monitor to give you reassurance x

It could be due to baby pushing your organs up. Have you had your iron levels checked? That can cause breathlessness. X

Hate to tell you, my lo dropped and i still feel like that occasionally.

I too have this, I was told it's just baby as I'm now heavily pregnant, I had it last time too with my DS, once baby was out all these things stop, so hopefully you haven't got long left now..xx

I have this to it's like I cant quite catch my breath it's a horrible feeling I know !! I usually just stretch out make more room and it kind of takes a minute but start to feel better again horrible feeling though! Never had it with my little girl my little man must be long lol!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"