Struggling to catch a breath :/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Amy89, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Amy89

Amy89 Soulmate, Ollybear, and I

Just looking for some reassurance ladies, really!
    I've found over the last few days that my heart randomly starts racing when I'm just sat down,in bed, or just standing around at work...and I'm getting a really odd feeling that I'm not getting enough air in my lungs, like I can't get a full breath. I'm not panicking or doing anything different when this happens, but I've tried just taking longer breaths/concentrating on my breathing (which makes my heart best quicker resulting in feeling REALLY short of breath), panting (makes me feel like I'm gonna pass out), and just ignoring it (feels like I NEED to do something because I can't get enough air)
    It's starting to stress me out - I can't put my finger on how it feels. Kind of like someone's as on my chest I suppose :/

2. kazer395

kazer395 Well-Known Member

i get this too, i just assume that were LO is getting bigger shes squishing part of my lungs. i think it will stop when she drops

3. Amy89

I hope it's soon!

4. kazer395

it is horrible isnt it, i get panicy every single time. thinking that its not going to stop or get worse and i wont be able to breath at all :/

5. Amy89

In fairness it might be the start of a chest infection - I've got an awful cough that's moved down to my chest over the last 2 weeks.
    I getting panicky feeling - I'm convinced I'm going to suffocate sometimes.

6. BellaBoo0512

BellaBoo0512 Well-Known Member

I had this when I was heavily pregnant. I was told that it was baby pushing all my organs up because I was so big. If your concerned then ring your midwife and she will put you on the monitor to give you reassurance x

7. Delamere19

Delamere19 Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys!

It could be due to baby pushing your organs up. Have you had your iron levels checked? That can cause breathlessness. X

8. LoveandPeace_

LoveandPeace_ Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you, my lo dropped and i still feel like that occasionally.

9. kazer395

aw :( thats not good, atleast we know its not forever

10. Prinny

Prinny BABY NO.3 DUE OCT 2019

I too have this, I was told it's just baby as I'm now heavily pregnant, I had it last time too with my DS, once baby was out all these things stop, so hopefully you haven't got long left now..xx

11. KAT1984

KAT1984 Well-Known Member

I have this to it's like I cant quite catch my breath it's a horrible feeling I know !! I usually just stretch out make more room and it kind of takes a minute but start to feel better again horrible feeling though! Never had it with my little girl my little man must be long lol!

x