Struggling to Eat Healthily

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Since getting my BFP, I have really struggled to eat healthily. All the things I'm craving seem to be total rubbish - packet sandwiches, curries, cooked breakfasts, crisps and the like. I've just had to force a banana down! I've just gone off most fruit & veg completely - anyone else like this, and anyone got any advice? I'm taking my vitamins religiously which is my only saving grace but I want to stop feeling so guilty about my diet (and gaining so much weight!)

I can only stomach dry, salty things. Barely had anything healthy for ages. My midwife says it's fine for first tri, the baby will get everything it needs, it's us that will go without if necessary x

I'm sure with your vitamins and the fact that you are still eating something, your baby will be getting everything it needs!
I'm guessing if there are healthy babies born in war torn/poverty stricken areas of the world then your baby will be just fine!
That being said it's responsible that you want to eat healthy!
Could you manage a juice or smoothy (if you have a juicer or food processor or can borrow one?) You can easily hide some greens in an apple and pear juice or a few carrots in an orange juice etc! That way you can easily get a load of vitamins and nutrients in one go!
The are some great websites with recipes that might take your fancy?!
Good luck x:flower:

You and me both. I started off eating really healthy, but it's now spiraled down to lots and lots of bread/pasta. Crap I shouldn't be eating b/c I know I'll have diabetes again w/ this pregnancy. It's not that I can't stomach healthy food, it's just that running around after a toddler along w/ pregnancy fatigue, I want something quick and filling and fruit/veggies just doesn't cut it.

I was the same way early on. If it wasn't a cheese slice, burger or curry - I wasn't eating it! All 3 were types of food that I couldn't stomach before becoming pregnant xx

I told DH that this baby is going to come out holding a deep fryer in one hand & a slice of pizza in the other! I'm trying so hard to eat healthy but all I want is greasy, cheesy, salty foods! And honestly, fruits kind of make me sick. I know this is of no help, but know you're not alone!

-P

lol I screamed from the passenger seat at the burger king drive thru for extra pickles in my whopper burger lol mmmmm just talking about it I want another one

Glad to hear I'm not alone! Although its funny, my appetite has dimished quite a bit since turning 10 weeks. I'll see if i can start eating a bit healthier now x

I second smoothies. I struggle to eat enough fruit and veg, and that helps me. Oooh and soups!

I need to buy some real fruit juices because salads and I do not get along since a couple of weeks ago. Plus I can't stomach the idea of actual meat like chicken and beef (I have been able to eat a couple slices of salami and a hot dog on occasion though.)

great idea I will try smoothies and soups as gap fillers just to make sure I am getting the nutrients

I manage to eat healthy a majority of the time but some days I eat way more refined crap than I should. Yesterday all I wanted was kraft mac n cheese. I made that and a grilled cheese. Didn't eat a single fruit or veggie all day :( I aim to eat healthier options 75% of the time. I like the soup and smoothie idea. Salads and I are also not friends since getting pregnant and broccoli which I used to love gives me instant heartburn!

Arrrgggghh the last 2 days I haven't stopped eating! Definitely starting to crave the unhealthy too!
I am still getting the nutrients in ( just eaten a plateful of carrot and cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes with humus and half an advocado)
but neeeeeddddd a kebab and fries too!
Going to stock up on the fruit and make more smoothies to counteract these unhealthy cravings!
I can't stop eating!!!!!

Oh fries sound so good right now!! I can't wait for dinner lol!

Same boat here too! Anything healthy seems to make me much more sick than anything 90% fat lol. I managed an orange in the last week so that's a start and veggie ranch chips so I think that's counting:haha: Maybe the salad in the Taco bell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->