Struggling with Cambridge Diet

orange-sox

Sebs Mummy + WTT
Reaction score
I'm starting to question my commitment to CD, and if losing the weight quickly is worth going through what's happening to me... not sure if I'm just down, or if I'm thinking clearly for once.

Suppose I best explain what I'm on about... CD seems to be affecting me in more ways that I have initially even thought about... I considered how I'd feel about not eating - wasn't actually bothered, and I haven't actually felt hungry at all through it and I'm on day 12 now.

The problem's aren't really to do with the "diet" side of CD... my home life has gone down the pan, I'm miserable, nasty, snappy and quite frankly a bitch. I'm tired all the time, have constant headaches (I'm drinking about 6 litres of water a day so I'd doubt it is dehydration), I have terrible dry skin which has made my eczema flare up. I can't concentrate on a single thing...

Should I just persevere with the diet despite all this? Or should I just lose the weight slowly through healthy eating and eating healthily?

I can't even make my own decisions anymore

can i please ask what the CD is? i have never heard of it before so just curious as to what the regime is.

:hugs:

Cambridge diet, it's like Lighter life, but a lot cheaper!

i've never heard of cambridge diet or lighter than life :shrug: :lol:

Surely anything that makes you feel that grotty though isn't worth it?

Have these symptoms lasted a long time? Perhaps they're just going to last a few days but do look after yourself :hugs:

i have never heard of it either hun, but can you give us a typical days eating/drinking etc tell us what your doing and we can determine whether its doing you any good or not sweetie xxx

its basicaly shakes etc ....google cambridge diet

personally hun if u are feeling this horrid then i think u shud maybe rethink....i sed before that in the long run ur doing this to be happy...but if all ur doing is feeling miserable etc then its not going to have a positive outcome in the long run as for al u no u maybe get worse....i mean u can always try the healthy eating option just see how u go babes. hope u feel better soon hun xx

hey hun - I have tried CD twice and personally although I was desperate to lose the weight fast, the side effects just weren't worth it. I was an absolute miserable cow, my skin went all funny and other stuff too. I persevered as I just wanted to lose the weight and fast. Anyhoo, I then read this article in the daily mail about people having heart problems and some deaths reported and although those chances are probably quite slim, I realised it just wasn't worth the risk. So I quit, put on 2 of the 3 stone I lost really quickly and so now doing slimming world as I know this is one of the healthiest ways to lose weight.

Ultimately the decision is yours, but I do think it's probably not worth all of those side effects, just to get there quicker xx

as you know ive attempted the CD before and it didnt last long ATALL !!

However I do think you have done so so well already and it seems a shame to not finish the programme. And I reckon this is what is keeping you going??

How long till you introduce meals??

:hugs:

hun hun im on week 8 of CD, if u want to chat i can give u my msn addy and can chat through there but i have had all sorts of side affects from the diet, my hair is falling out (not like bald patches) my nails are like paper and i can be a miserable moody bitch.

but to me its so worth it, the diet has given me everything i have ever wanted and it was something for a few weeks i was prepared to sacrafice but i can understand why you are questioning it

feel free to pm me hun, this is my second time on the diet now as got PG last time and now back onto it

Lou
xxx

hope you're feeling a little brighter now? :hugs:

You need to speak to your CD counsellor babe and tell her exactly how you are feeling...

it may be worth stepping up to the 1000cal option to see if you feel any better?

I did CD before I got married and lost 3 stone very quickly - I also felt fantastic & had loads more energy :)

Stupidly - once I got married I went back to my old unhealthy eating habits and have put the original weight (+ a bit more!) back on :dohh:

Im trying to find the willpower to restart but I remember the first few weeks being absolutely awful :( so im hesitant to put myself throught it all again iykwim?

So instead of sole sourcing im planning to do the 1000cal option - you still lose roughly
the same amount of weight but this way you are getting some actual food each day too xx

Urgh... I got my willpower back, and then lost it again today. I was so close to taking my shakes etc back, getting a refund, and going out for a meal that I dialed my counsellors number twice :hissy:

I'm really considering going onto something like weight watchers, sliiming world, or even just plain old healthy eating and exercise because this is doing me no good whatsoever. My relationship with my OH is at breaking point due to my moods and I'm constantly feeling so low that I think about how much I miss my son, and how much I'd be better off with him... it actually scares me to see those thoughts in words... I am so down I want to kill myself. What on earth am I doing to myself? :cry:

STOP IT immediately.... its just not worth it hun!!

Please please... dont go down that route if its making you feel this bad :hugs:

I highly recommend sw...!!

Thanks for not calling me a nutter Kerry... :hugs:

I'm really at my lowest point right now, I'm only hanging onto this diet so people don't think I'm a failure as bad as that sounds...

Think OH and I are going to do SW together... will take myself off to the supermarket now and buy the SW magazine to have a look, he likes the look of it, and I'm more than happy with it too.

I'd rather lose all this slowly and be happy, because lets face it, happiness is scarce right now.

:rofl: were back....

no i dont think your a nutter at all!! I remember attemptin it before and the juice diet before... didnt help that I didnt like the shakes or smoothies so I went like all day with nothing and was just in tears and feeling like crap!!

When you said the other day you were doubting it I felt that you was just having a down day and thought how well you had done... but now after this post I dont think you should continue... its not healthy!! It really isnt... :hugs:

your not a failure you have done so so well on it... I know how you feel though... especially as when I started both the hardcore diets I was so so determined and last less than 12 hours :rofl:
However I was only 13 and a half stone at the time and now im 15 and a half :dohh:

Oh hun your grieving u really dont need such a strict diet that makes u feel like this :hugs: Weight watchers worked for me although only loosing 2~3lb a week at least it doesnt make you feel so down :hugs: You need to look after yourself xxx

oh honey big big :hugs: i'm currently doing weight watchers and finding it ok, its a good diet for me.

if its making you feel like his honey, please stop it :hugs: i agree with kerry, its just not worth it :hugs: x x

stop... like kerry said, i also thought you were just having a down day the other day, but now... no way! you gotta stop. its not good to talk like that, nevermind feel like that xx

take your own advise bbz, pm me if you need to talk xxxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->