sttn: 11 months today

ablacketer

Just Call Me Angel :)
Reaction score
Rylan slept through the night (from 7-4) one time then got an ear infection/cold and has been up every two hours for the last 3 weeks. Last night I stayed in the room with him but didnt pick him up. Just patted or rubbed his back. everytime I withdrew my hand he started crying. I walked out of the room (pure frustration I admit it) and he went totally ballistic. after a few minutes I gave up. It had been over an hour since he woke. I picked him up and took him to my bed where he hiccuped for half an hour before he finally went to sleep.

I havent had a full nights sleep in over 11 months. I work full time. I cant take anymore. Cry it out is NOT going to work for us. I get upset and frustrated and he gets so wound up that he is difficult to settle even if I DO pick him up. Please help.:cry:

oh, we have co-slept after his 2 am wake up for a long time. I need to get him out of the bed. Im a light sleeper and he tosses and turns and rolls and flings his arms. I get less sleep if he is in the bed than if he wakes every two hours.

Stupid question..... how much time does LO spend in his room when he's awake? Do you have a crib soother of some sorts? A night light? window shades? Any type of white noise?

he never really spends any time in there. he sleeps in there and nothing else. However I have placed him in his crib in there with me there and he was ok with that. even if I left the room.

How exhausting. Have you tried having the crib right beside you so you still have the space? What about getting him attached to a doll/blanket?

Are you single? Do you think maybe your OH could try doing it for a few nights and maybe he will lose interest?

what does he want when he wakes up? Is it comfort or food or is he thirsty or teething? I am not really an expert on anything when it comes to babies, muddling along! But it seems like he hasn't learnt to self settle yet and also you sleeping near him will naturally make him sleep lighter as he is aware of your movements so you are both disturbing each other! I don't know what to suggest really, my LO was waking due to being hungry so I could solve that issue by feeding her more during the day, but if your LO is waking due to an emotional need then it makes it a bit harder to solve.

Hope someone else is a bit more succinct with an answer!

we moved him out of our room at 8 months.
he doesnt want his "dummy" or to nurse, usually he just wants me tohold him.
I am married but my husband spends works 48 hours straight, off 48 hours, then on 72 then off 48. He isnt much help, but sometimes he will hold him on the couch. but most of the time rylan screams bloody murder when I pass him over :(

OH! co-sleeping doesnt work because he tosses and turns and flings his arms and kicks his feet so I get no sleep :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->