Stuck at 1cm/80% effaced, feeling discouraged, anyone else?

macydarling

Reaction score
I'm 39+4 due on Sunday. Midwife checked me at my appt on Monday, still 1cm and 80% effaced as I've been the past 3 weeks. She did a sweep, I felt nauseated and crampy the follow day but nothing came of it. I'm due on Sunday, have my next appt on Monday and she said she'd try another sweep then.

Feeling super discouraged. She said if I haven't gone by 42 weeks I will need to be induced in the hospital. I would be heartbroken because I'm hoping to have my son at the birth center not the hospital.

I've tried evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea (both recommended by midwife), lots of walking and even sex to no avail. I just have this feeling I will need to be induced. :( Ftm here, any hope left for my birth center baby dreams?

Big hugs. I went 2 weeks over with my first and it was really tough. With my youngest we tried all the usual things first then I bought some Clary sage oil and out it in my bath every night for a few days and rubbed a little into my belly. That and some long walks had me contracting away. Good luck and I hope baby comes soon x

I'm due on Sunday as well and was told I'm not dialated at all!! I've just eaten a pineapple core and bouncing on ball! I'm really hoping that I won't need to be induced either, I have been told I will need to if I go 10 days over so it's time to get this baby out! I'm feeling discouraged too..

Love, thanks for the advice and sympathy :)

Sunny, looks like we're bump buddies. I hope the pineapple works for you. :hugs:

I don't think that sounds bad at all for 39+4, I wouldn't write off your chances of using the birth centre just yet as you could go into labour anytime regardless of how dilated you are now. A lady I knew on here when I was expecting dd2 was 3cm for ages and went 10 days past her due date! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

That doesn't sound bad to me either. My midwife didn't even bother with a stretch and sweep until I was overdue. I was not effaced at all when I had the stretch and sweep at 40+3..went into active labour 40+4 and dd was born 40+5. You still have a big chance of going to the birth centre.

Thanks guys. I had another appt today and low and behold still 1cm and 80%. She did another sweep that more aggressive (and painful!) this time. She gave me a referral for an ultrasound next week to check on baby. If no progress next week we will do the prostaglandin inserts. She said that has a very good success rate.

I need the baby out before 42 weeks to have him at the birth center. She did say my cervix is very favorable though and she expects I will go into labor on my own. I hope she's right!

I'm there with you. I've been stuck at a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced for three weeks. I'm due Thursday this week.

Wishing you ladies good Labour vibes and more progression ! I have no idea where I'm at but have 1 week left till my due date. Come on babies!! :)

39W1D today. My due date is Sep 9th. Baby is head down and low, but cervix isn't effaced or dilated yet.
My OB asked me to go until 41 weeks to be induced.
so frustrating

The second sweep was also unsuccessful :( Someone get this baby outta me! Lol. A little dramatic but I feel like I can't do this much longer...

Awww I am terrified to go to 40 weeks I have my first sweep tomorrow! I pray it works so scared it won't

What did your doctors say after 2nd unsuccessful sweep?

It's just discouraging I think to have your due date in your mind as a goal for all this time and then see it come and go with no progress...

They scheduled me for an ultrasound the same day as my appt next Tuesday along with a NST. They want to check fluid levels...I suppose depending on how Noah is doing is how aggressive they will be. If I haven't made any progress still they will do prostaglandins inserts which will still allow me to birth at the birth center. Unless something is wrong at the ultrasound and Noah is distressed in some way then it will be off to the hospital for a medical induction. Either way, they want me to have him by 42 weeks so I guess next Sunday (13th) is our deadline!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->