Stuffed up but nothing comes out...

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by more babies, Oct 1, 2013.

1. more babies

more babies Mommy of 2 girls & 1 boy

My little man is 2 months old as of two days ago. Unfortunately DD2 caught a cold at school and spread it to the baby and then I got it as well. He seems to be fine during the day except a little stuffy during naps but fast forward to 2am and he is completely blocked so cries because the poor thing can't breathe until we fully get up around 6-7am. I'm exhausted and getting worse because I'm not getting any sleep but the most frustrating thing about it is I can't get any of the mucas out of his nose so there's not relief for him or me. I know it's in there because he sounds horrible and can't breathe through his nose. We are running a humidifier and I've been trying saline drops and the bulb syringe but like I said nothing ever comes out. I've also tried steaming up the bathroom with the shower but that doesn't help either. I tried using the Vicks plug ins that I use with my other kids and I put it in the outlet near the door and left the door open because it can be a little strong but that didn't help either. He has no fever and is happy but tired during the day. Any suggestions?!?? Or am I basically stuck waiting it out?? :dohh: The worst part about all of this is, is that DH just left yesterday and will be gone for the next week so I'm on my own and also have two other kids I have to drive around every day to school and sports. If I wasn't sick myself this would be a lot easier to deal with! :sleep:

2. more babies

Oh and I've also tried elevating his crib mattress and letting him sleep in his swing but neither make a difference either. :shrug:

3. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Mammy to 1 cheeky monkey!

We have a Nosefrida nasal aspirator which is FAB for getting all the mucus out! I have just posted another thread about it actually as she is now 7.5 months and will not tolerate me using it on her at all anymore - it is a really battle! But at 2 months your son will be fine. Maybe worth a shot? The bulb aspirator did nothing for my LO either.

4. amjon

amjon Guest

Mine are the same. I took them to the doctor and they aren't concerned.

5. more babies

I actually just ordered one off amazon and it'll be here tomorrow in hopes of getting some of it out.

6. maggie111

maggie111 Well-Known Member

Saline nasal spray will encourage water to the area and get her nose running rather than blocked.

Not sure if it's in the US but Snuffle Babe is baby Vicks :)

7. daisydoo

daisydoo Mummy to Oliver & Amelia

Can you try propping yourself up on a load of pillows and sleeping sat up so you can hold baby on an upright position all night to help him breathe. Xx

8. monte3375

monte3375 Well-Known Member

My LO has cough, we had to sleep in recliner all night with LO sitting up on my lap to sleep. It worked.

9. petite ping

petite ping Well-Known Member

10. more babies

We made it until 4am last night before he was waking up stuffy so we got a little bit of sleep. Really hoping it's just going to keep getting better but will be trying the nosefrida when it comes today in hopes if being able to get some of the mucus out of him. I don't know why in all of these nights I never thought to just go out and sleep on the recliner with him on me. I was going to do that last night but since he lasted longer and we got some sleep I didn't bother. I do worry about it turning into some sort of infection if it never comes out because that's what happens to me but so far he seems alright.