Stuffed up....

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by nkbapbt, Dec 26, 2009.

1. nkbapbt

nkbapbt Double Preemie Momma

My 10 month old son, Lakai has been stuffed up for the last say 1.5 weeks. He was born 16 weeks prematurely so any sign of illness is always a worry.

However his only issue is being stuffed up without any discharge from his nose. He isn't coughing, is eating the same, is not running a fever, sleeping the same amount (although later than usual) or acting any differently except that he is a tad more whiney/clinging that usual (but he is also a very cuddling and lovey dovey baby). He is however mouthing everything!! And drooling more than usual and snoring lots (something he did not do before now).

I know that his symptoms could very well be caused by teething, but is there any way to tell for sure it's not a cold and just teething (besides seeing our Dr. because he is away for two weeks).

Thanks ahead of time from a paranoid first time preemie momma!!!

:hugs:

2. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

Finn gets a stuffed up nose when a tooth pops through, the only way I really know the difference is the appearance of a tooth, if its a cold he'll get other cold symptoms instead of atooth. And the stuffy nose seems to come and go much quicker than a cold. I tend not to worry if its just a runny nose because he's got quite a few teeth and im getting used to it. I just pop his cot up with a few books to help him breathe cos he has no pillow and I like extra pillows if Im bunged up.And apply a bit of vapo rub stuff for babies.

3. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I'm honestly not sure, Hannah's never really had a stuffy nose and never with teething (though she had a runny nose when her molars cut). Hope it's just teething and not a cold :hugs: