Stuffy nose tricks?

2have4kids

Mother of 3
Reaction score
We're on holidays and I've caught the worst head cold ever. I've tried so many things and nothing's working:nope:I've been in a steamy shower avoiding body just showering forehead & nose so I don't get too hot, tried a hot compress, tried stuffing saline (salt water) up my nose with a drinking glass over the sink:dohh:

Are nose spray decongestants safe? I'm in Germany and can't really read the labels either. I'd probably ask a pharmacist tomorrow. I've had a gallon of water to stay hydrated but i can't breath...going to be another sleepless night:cry: any other suggestions?

I was told any saline nose sprays are safe. I always go to my Neti Pot when I need some relief. I hope you find some relief soon!

I'm suffering too! I think things like Vicks/ olbas oil are ok but proper decongestants aren't

Saline spray are the only one that are 100% safe.
Maybe you can try a inhaling a hot bowl with pregnancy safe essential oils (I don't know if that exists?)

I've recently got over the worst head cold I've ever had and when I spoke to the pharmacist he said to avoid Vicks/olbas oil etc. the only safe thing is saline spray. I drank a mug of honey & lemon every night before bed, plus put my face over a bowl of boiling water with a towel. It was the worst two weeks ever, as I felt really crap! I wore the nasal strips in the night to help breath so I could get some sleep. Hope you feel better soon x

Ok, I got some pregnancy safe lozenges and saline spray today so I feel better equip for tonight. After 3 steam showers last night I finally fell asleep (head elevated slightly helped). 1 nostral stayed open:haha:
Thanks for all the good advice ladies, I hope none of you get sick during the rest of your pregnancy!

Hi Hun

Yeah I'd go with saline spray, I remember mw told me last time to def avoid Olbas oil, Vicks etc.

Hope it's not spoiling your break.

Get well soon.
Xx

Hi Hun

Yeah I'd go with saline spray, I remember mw told me last time to def avoid Olbas oil, Vicks etc.

Hope it's not spoiling your break.

Get well soon.
Xx

Thanks, no not spoiling the holiday in the slightest. Had lunch in this amazing Munich beerhaus with live music and then shopped all afternoon for clothes that would nicely hold the upcoming bump:bunny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->