Stupid BCP - Desperate for . . .

I'm even more down 2day than I was yesterday. :cry:
It's so frustrating knowing that I'm not ovulating. :hissy: We've been trying so hard to catch that egg every month since november . . . just in case.
And I've done loads of hpt, each time getting my hopes up, only for them to be dashed again. :cry:
I just don't know enough about pcos and of course I'm thinking the worst! Doctor did give me some info but I don't feel any the wiser!
Part of me is still hoping that it's just my body readjusting to coming off the pill. Either way, I'm fed up of waiting.
I'm also angry with myself for not ttc earlier. The doctor did say the other day - "don't worry, your still young. you've got loads of time!"
Easy for him to say! I always wanted to be a young mum (I'm 26 now - not exactly a spring chicken!!! :rofl:) and hoped to have all my brood before I'm thirty.
My hubby is in his thirties. I suppose I'm even more anxious for him. He really wants to have a family and he kinda feels like there's a huge ticking clock behind him.
I feel I'm letting him down. I know he doesn't see it that way, but it's hard for me not to.

:hug:
I'm 35, so 26 looks down right young to me. There are plenty of gals with PCOS who still manage to get their sticky beans. PMA

I'm 35, so 26 looks down right young to me. There are plenty of gals with PCOS who still manage to get their sticky beans. PMA

thats defo right huns and the doc also says he THINKS it could be pcos thats good isnt it? no defo answer but then u must feel also real confused its got to be better knwoing u have or havent but for now hun have all the PMA and wait for tests and results ur pretty young also same age as me and did the doc also say u ahve any factors (apart from not oving) that make him think pcos as there are many other reasons for pcos like being overweight...im not an expert on pcos but if u go into LTTTC alot of women there suffer with pcos and will have some brill info and advice for u hunny xxxxx fingers crossed everything normal and it just the BCP paying games with you

thats defo right huns and the doc also says he THINKS it could be pcos thats good isnt it? no defo answer but then u must feel also real confused its got to be better knwoing u have or havent but for now hun have all the PMA and wait for tests and results ur pretty young also same age as me and did the doc also say u ahve any factors (apart from not oving) that make him think pcos as there are many other reasons for pcos like being overweight...im not an expert on pcos but if u go into LTTTC alot of women there suffer with pcos and will have some brill info and advice for u hunny xxxxx fingers crossed everything normal and it just the BCP paying games with you

Thank you both for your replies! I know things may not be as bad as they seem and yes, i'm not too old just feeling a bit sorry for myself 2day. probably a bit of shock and maybe some hormones thrown in for good measure! PMA is definitely the way to go. I need to brush myself off, get back in the game and keep on :sex: . . . just to be on the safe side :winkwink:
thanks - you've both cheered me up and made me snap out of it :hug:

hi hun,

you sound like me, i came off bcp in novemeber had my 1st af 51 days later then 41 days later now im coming upto 80 days plus........ ive got docs appt on wednesday to try and rule it out xxx

I know how you feel! I had read horror stories on message boards before I stopped my BCP that it took some women a YEAR or more to get a normal period again!! Some women broke down after a few months and went to their doc and got put on something to help them ovulate. So you can imagine how ecstatic I was to have a withdrawal bleed and then have a normal period 34 days after that... but then the next month (March) I didn't ovulate! The last period I had was March 1st, although I started using OPKs around April 13th to figure out if/when I ovulated and got a positive on April 20th so I am hoping I am either pregnant or that I start soon!

Down with BCP! I do not think I will get back on them. I think I will try an IUD since it doesn't have hormone.

yeh, im deffo not going on the pill again! i never had this problem before i went on it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"