Stupid Capital of culture

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Jayden'sMummy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

:hissy: I know i should be proud of were i come from but I'm not, i hate it with a passion!

Why did they give us the Capital of culture when we didn't deserve it. There is so much bad going on in our city.

- Knife + Gun crimes
    - Poor little Rhys who was only 12? got shot dead on his way home from football
    - Joseph aged 16 a cadet was knifed outside a youth club along with 2 of his mates who luckily survived
    - norris green + croxteth gangs etcc at war because they don't like each others areas
    - robberies are constantly going on
    - no one is brought to justice when wrong is done
    - people abandoning there families such as little babies in gardens or hospitals
    - NHS is terrible, not enough nurses/doctors + so on because of lack of money
    - credit crunch (i know loads of places has this but i mean come on!)
    - looks a show (needs a clean up big time!)
    - kids can't go out because it's to scary, gangs going out with guns, knives etc.
    - oh there is so much

And to be honest i really can't think of one good thing to say about Liverpool, it's getting worse every day and it is winding me up because this could all be stopped so easily!

Had to get this out because just read about another shooting around my area and it winds me up to see how they could just give Capital of culture out to any one really and i can't wait till the bloody things over + done with i'm fed up of hearing about it !! :hissy:

xx

2. baby.love

baby.love Guest

My dad was from Liverpool and he used to tell me all about it and how fantastic it WAS.. All the things happening there seem to be going on all over the country unfortunately, I am planning a trip to Liverpool though as i wanna see it for myself and see where my dad's roots were.

3. Jayden'sMummy

Jayden'sMummy Jayden and Macie-Leigh xx

When i was a bit littler it was the best place ever and i never heard so much bad stuff as i do now, weather it's because i am older and i understand more like xx

4. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I think it's like that everywhere now! In birmingham there is ALWAYS some sort of stabbing/murder/serious attack story on the news.

I Never go out without my oh or family now, i don't feel safe one bit. Especially not round my area, there is gangs everywhere you look with some sort of weapons. My oh has been chased 2 times round my area now so we hardly ever go out round here, even he doesn't feel safe.

I can't wait to get out of here, even though it's like this pretty much all over the world!!

5. jobee2222

jobee2222 Well-Known Member

I'm from london and same goes here, but OH and I have talked about it and feel that we need to get out of the country, it seems like thats what everyone else is doing. It scares me that if my baby doesnt turn out to be one of those lil gang members, she will become their victim. You cant win, they only way is out of the country.

6. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

it's the same everywhere.
    i live in a very small town in ontario, canada and a few years ago a very well liked cop was brutally murdered.. it was a guy MY AGE that did it, and after searching his residence, he had a huge plan on getting all the cops.. he was making bombs, had various weapons... and now this scumbag is a KING in jail, because a cop killer seems to be "GOD" in jail..
    keeping in mind, we have a population of 18,000 and everyone knows everyone... i know 3 different cops here quite close, so it was a major shock to most of the town...
    drug rates around here have SKY ROCKETED.. most of the people i grew up with are addicted to coke and stuff... it's ridiculous.
    when my parents moved here to raise me and my brothers, it was such a nice looking town, and it's just getting worse and worse..
    i honestly just think it's people getting bored?? not enough stimulants for people.. everything costs so much these days that people have weird ways of making livings and having fun.

it's so sad seeing it happen all over the world, and makes me wonder sometimes why i want to bring a child up in a world like this..

sorry, i kind of went too many different directions with that, but it hit home, and i had to vent! LOL.. vent over!

7. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I think it's because kids aint getting punished like they did before. In the 70's this sort of behaviour was very rare, that was back in the day where school had the right discipline when kids done something wrong.

These days they get away with everything, in my school kids we're bringing knives into schools and one even held it up to one of the teachers!!! There was about 5 kids involved in this, and only one got suspended!! And even then, that means they havn't got nothing to do with theirselves, so they are more likely to be on the streets causing trouble !!!!

I get so mad about this whole topic.

8. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

I agree ... unfortunatley it's like that pretty much everywhere nowadays. You dont even have to leave your doorstep to see such things going on anymore.