Stupid clearblue weeks indicator!

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
So now I'm really panicking. I took a CB with weeks indicator 6 days ago and it said 2-3. It still says 2-3 today and I should be 5+5. Surely it should be 3+ by now?

I know it says in the instructions leaflet that it can occasionally be out but by 5 days? I'm pretty sure I know when I ovulated so I don't think my dates are that off.

Is this a bad sign?

I wouldn't panic hun. Cb digital can be crap.
Ring you're midwife or doctor if your worried xx

Thanks hun!

The more I read, the more I realise they're not very accurate between 4 and 6 weeks.

I just need to step away from the tests - all I'm doing is freaking myself out (and lining the pockets of the clear blue people!) x

Hi hun
Try not to stress, these are the supposed levels that determine the weeks indicator for clear blue:
1-2 weeks = 25miu to 200miu
2-3 weeks = 201miu to 2000miu
3+ weeks = >2000miu

I tested and was 1-2 originally, (don't no my hcg levels)
Retested and was 2-3 when I know I was 396
Tested again Monday hoping my levels had increased and they would be approx 3200 and it showed 3+ but how accurate they are I'm not sure...
I'd either get your bloods done or leave 2-4 days if possible? I know how hard it is though ....

H xx

Thanks, those figures are really helpful.

Yeah I'll just leave it and hope for the best. I don't think my GP would do bloods, I suspect they'd just tell me to wait it out.

I just booked a private scan for 7 weeks so hopefully that'll put my mind at ease until my NHS can at 12w.

Don't know why I do this to myself!! X

Ps were exactly the same date wise! I'm 5+5 today iv got to go in tomorrow morning for another scan to determine if everything is ok! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we see what we should where it should be lol

Time has passed so quickly with other things, as soon as you find out early on time seems to stand still typical isn't it lol

H xx

I did the same with daughter and son 🙈. But this time the hospital had to do blood tests so was different and didn't mean I bought the cb digi.
I had a private scan at 8 weeks with my daughter and she looked like a little chicken 🙈.
Xx

So typical lol!

Best of luck tomorrow, hope it goes well. What would they be able to see at this stage? Is it too early for a hb? That would be so nice to see though! X

Were not sure yet, some people have just seen a gestational sac, some a foetal pole, some a hb, some nothing...
They were querying an ectopic for me, last Wednesday I had a scan and nothing but thickening and a 15.6mm cyst that may be corpus Leuteum doc was terrible and sent me away with very negative thoughts. That's why u had my bloods done and they had gone from 396 to 827 in 21 hours.. The sonographer was lovely and she's doing the scan tomorrow so fingers crossed... Earliest iv seen a hb b4 is 6w 3d!
H xx

I had exactly the same. 2-3 and then exactly 7 days later still 2-3! I panicked a lot, but he's 8 months old now so it truly was just a dodgy test. Still scary I know

Earliest iv seen a hb b4 is 6w 3d!
H xx

Now you mention it, I had an early viability scan with DS and they saw a HB. Just checked and the scan printout says 6w2d. But I think even a day either side of o can make all the difference at this stage? Some places in the UK won't carry out these viability scans until 8w and some will do it as early as 6.

Hope it goes well tomorrow, keep us posted! X

This exact thing happened to me. Was hoping for some reassurance of seeing a 3+, but ended up just worrying instead. I'm now 14 weeks along and everything is going fine. Don't think its a very reliable indicator at all. x

Thanks wildflower, that's teally reassuring. I guess only time will tell and there's nothing worrying will change! X

Earliest iv seen a hb b4 is 6w 3d!
H xx

Now you mention it, I had an early viability scan with DS and they saw a HB. Just checked and the scan printout says 6w2d. But I think even a day either side of o can make all the difference at this stage? Some places in the UK won't carry out these viability scans until 8w and some will do it as early as 6.

Hope it goes well tomorrow, keep us posted! X

It also depends on the machine they are using. Some older machines have a harder time seeing the hb that early, so it may not actually be baby at all but the machine. Usually high risk places have the better tech and see more. :thumbup:

^^ that's also very true. And it also depends whether its an abdominal or transvaginal ultrasound. It was an intern scan I had at 6w2d, I think they are able to see more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->