"Stupid" for trying?!?!?

i had my daughter when i was 19, i was working full time and was happy and content, i hated clubbing and everything, and to tell u truth, when ur preggers and ur sober and u see everyone around u acting like morons on booze, its quite an eye opener!
but for self centered little witches like that, who has probably never heard a marriage proposal, let alone accepted one, how can she even comment? maybe she will regret her choice when after all the years of partying, and being young, have taken their toll on her body, and when she maybe sees fit to maybe fall in love and decide to have a baby, will probably find it very difficult.
infact, i think i pity the silly little mare

How narrow-minded!! Does she not think that maybe some people just want to get married and have kids? Its like her view is the only view thats right. I married pretty young, but we thought, we want to be together, why should we wait to get married. We are 26, nearly 27 now and very happy, both with good jobs and have our son. We enjoyed ourselves while we were very young, why carry on being young and reckless just for the sake of it?

What a cynical little cow! I almost feel sorry for her, she obviously has never been in love and never known how happy that can make people. :cloud9: You should send her a link to this thread to open her eyes to the possibility that different things make different people happy, and we are not in fact all the same. Life would be very boring if we were!

I wish I had married earlier. It took me a while to find someone tho. I never told anyone they were "too young". Geez! If I had known I would have fertility issues, we would have started trying earlier. It took us over three years to conceive and I'm sorry that some people just don't see how being a good parent and a loving spouse is more important then having the highest paying job out there! It bothers me when all my inlaws does is money talk and it pisses me off! We aren't "well to do" but we also are able to pay our bills and put food on the table so we provide! Ok, I could go on forever, but I won't!

MRS STREET~

I was married on August 2, 2007. I had just turned 19 years old and my husband had just turned 25 years old. Growing up, I always viewed life and children the same way as your facebook friend does. I always told myself that I wouldn't get married until I was 25 and that I would plan children for when I was 30!!! However, at the age of 16 I began dating my now husband. He is 6 years older than me and of course he was at the age of settling down. He had finished his degree and had a good job in his field of work. I on the other hand was entering my junior year of high school here in the United States (he lived in Puerto Rico). We continued our relationship long-distance and fell deeply in love with one another. I know it sounds crazy but thats when all my plans changed. When you love someone so much, and you just know its meant to be, you would do anything to always be with that person!

At 17 years old, I was engaged. I asked him to give me two years to plan our wedding and he agreed...making me 19 years old at the time we married. I made it very clear to him that I did not want children for a few years (3-5 years), and of course he agreed. However, two months into the marriage we began talking children, it just happened out of no-where, we wanted a child but wanted to wait until the new year to begin trying...four months later I got sick with the flu and the antibiotics weakened my birth control and I fell pregnant. Three weeks later I had what I thought was a period until the pain kicked in and I was rushed to the OBGYN... there I was told for the first time that I was pregnant and that I had just miscarried! After that we continued to try =)

I am 21 years old today and there is not a day that goes by that I don't hear someone criticising me for my choices in getting married and wanted children right now. But to be honest with you, I just brush it off. People change over the years and no one is ever the same! What you want in life will not be the same to another friends wants..you know what I mean? You are in love, married and now you want to multiply your family, only you can say for yourself if your ready or not. Don't listen to the rest!

That's just rude. My brother got married and had a kid at 18. I got married at 35 and am trying for my first. Two totally different ways to go, but that's what was right for each of us. People like her need to be cut out of your life as they only bring negativity.

Just because you don't get married and have a baby doesn't mean you will automatically have a great life and career. I agree that the person is jealous and will no doubt realise within a few years that they are lonely and want little ones of their own. I was born boring lol, I have never been one for staying out all night partying, me and DH are perfectly happy to be 24 and at home with the pooch watching eastenders. xxx

I am 25 years old DH is 26

We met in 2002, Brought a house together in 2007, Got engaged in 2007, Married in 2008 and now we cannot wait to have our first child together.

Yes! We both have good jobs!

Regardless of our situation! We got married to show the whole world how much we are madly in love with each other and We will be the best parents our child could wish for!

I think this person is very bitter! and I am sure her opinion would change if she met the love of her life and had children!

Get A Life!

I agree with all the other posts! What right does this girl have to sit around and complain about how other people live their lives! If you feel ready to get married and have children at a young age then thats your choice! If you want to go out and get hammered or work on your career, again, thats your choice!

There is no set rules as to when we should all feel ready to have children, you just know!

I suggest you just ignore the silly little girls comment, because she is the stupid one for writing it!!

xxx[/CENT
ER]​

I actually found her message highly amusing... I would not let it bother you at all. She thinks she has the answers to everything... I think not.

Let her preach away. You are the one that is happily married after all.

Jealousy....I married at 21 and my Dh was 20. I am a teacher and he is a leisure centre manager...so we both have jobs. I haven't wanted kids before now as I haven't felt ready but now i'm 24 we've decided the time is right for us (knowing it can take years). All I say is yes people have looked down upon us, but we are incredibly happy and you never know how long you have so why not make the most of every moment!

She sounds pretty sad to me!!!!

So what if we want to get married young and have babies. Its the best thing in the world. I have a 6 month old and we have been TTC for 3 months.

Although were not getting married for 4 years, this is only because we want our first to be old enough to be a paige boy and kind of realise what is going on.

Maybe she has a pretty boring life, no kids and no man maybe!!!! and just abit jelous by the sounds of it.

Let her carry on. Your happy so stuff people like that x x

I think this person just needs to do a little growing up. She will regret posting that message in time. Everyone makes mistakes, let's hope she will realise and learn from hers. Try not to be angry or pissed off at her, she is clearly 'young and reckless' herself and will learn how to treat people in time. It's all about karma and not being 'reckless' with the feelings of others. There may be a sad reason in her life for her to feel the need to post that message. It sounds like she has had a bad experience.

Let's just be thankful we are not in her position, and glad that we can see it for what it is - a random rant which has not been thought through properly or the possible reactions considered.

We all are wise enough, however old (or young!) we are, to appreciate how wonderful marriage and family is - lucky us!!!

:hug: to all

All I can add is my own experience. I'm 31, and my DH is 32 - we knew we wanted children together since the first months of our relationship. I moved to a different city, and changed jobs, and we moved in together - all within the first 6months of our relationship. After our first year anniversary we had a serious conversation and decided that we really wanted a baby now, and so instead of getting engaged we are TTC.

Everyone has their own path in life and for some that will involve marriage and/or children - and it doesn't matter at what age those events happen as long as you are happy.

sounds a bit bitter and twisted to me maybe she got dumped !!

ignore. i dont care if something is logical or not, we are free to do whatever we want and like to do, whatever makes us happy. i dont care what other people do as long as they are happy. non of others nor my business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->