Stupid girl! *Update*

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by zlrckbdp, Nov 17, 2011.

1. zlrckbdp

zlrckbdp Well-Known Member

She thinks she is sooo great because she became a teen mom when she was 16
    Anyways, when she found out that I'm pregnant she all of a sudden jumped back into my life. At first it was nice, I was only 8 weeks along and she had some helpful advice. But now, she is controlling, and condemning. She doesn't like my birth plan, she she keeps trying to change it. She keeps giving me her used baby girl clothes.. and they are crap! Stained and ripped. I would never use them, also I keep telling her I don't think I'm having a girl.
    She got pissed off at me for buying a brand new stroller because I could have had hers... it's nasty. I would never use it.
    Now she went ahead and put a post in an online "mom's shop and swap" Facebook group. She told me it was for me.
    Like WTF. I don't need her help! I have almost everything we need. We have saved up all our money to get all new stuff, because that is what I wanted.
    She does this to EVERY pregnant girl on Facebook.
    She is only a few months older, but so much more immature..

"looking to get some gently used baby stuff for free anything you know you can't sell just PM me i have a few friends that are expecting and they are young so id like to be able to help them out as much as i can :)"

How would you guys deal with this?

2. trinaestella

trinaestella Aliyah's mummy! <3

:nope: i would most probably just tell her how i feel, she isn't allowing you to enjoy your pregnancy it seems like.. :wacko:

3. xxchloexx

xxchloexx TEAM PINK!!!

Oh i no how you feel my boyfriends sister had a baby 4 months ago,, she thinks she was the first person ever to have a child. Everything i say or do is wrong.. i was buying vests the other day for the baby and she was like ohh no you cant get newborn get 0-3 months your baby wont fit into newborn clothes.. ehh hello why the hell wont she? then she told me what bottles to get and when i said i want to get different ones she goes off on one saying no they leak get the ones i got. When we didnt no what we were having she said you better be having a boy so you wont have to buy any clothes you can just have Aarons old ones... Like do these people not realise we want to buy our own new stuff?! I get so angry with her... Now since ive found out im having a girl shes all like oh your not allowed get her ears pierced till shes like 8 and you better not just buy all pink clothes..... AGHHHHHHHH i feel you're pain hun people dont no when to just butt out!! xxx

4. zlrckbdp

Thank God I'm not alone!
    I wish I could just tell her to back off, I 'm not brave enough.. :blush:
    Only thing I can say, HELL NO to, is her being there, in the room for the birth!

5. Shanelley

Shanelley Mummy :)

I'd personally tell her to back off
    i've been given a few things too that were filthy and stained and wripped etc and i wouldn't dream of using them for my LO.
    So i threw it away.
    She may have good intentions, but it seems she's being a bit nosy, and trying to control you in this aswell.
    congrats on saving to buy new stuff though hon :) Your LO is very lucky

6. teen_mommy44

teen_mommy44 Zach's mommy :)

alot of babies dont fit in newborn size for very long, its kinda a waste to buy much newborn sizes and bottles that leak are a pain in the ass! but she doesnt sound like shes nice about it :/ some people dont understand how to nicely give advice sorry you have to deal with her!

7. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

I would nicely tell her that you appreciate the thought but you already have everything you need. :hugs:

8. 2beamummy12

2beamummy12 Guest

I prob would tell her nicely that you dont need her help that you are capable of taking care of your child thank you!

9. xx~Lor~xx

xx~Lor~xx Young mummy of 3 <3

^ WSS.

She probably thinks she's just trying to help out, it sounds that way with the baby clothes etc. Personally I was really thankful for the hand me downs, I didn't have to spend an arm and a leg on clothing, and I got some gorgeous stuff, some not even worn. Sorry but I see nothing wrong with second hand stuff, I buy from a second hand shop now too. :shrug:

Fair enough if you want to buy everything new, but I'll tell you now, that money will go FAST..

10. zlrckbdp

I messaged her saying
    "Her name,
    I really appreciate everything you've done for us. I know you care and want to be there for LO and myself, but right now I feel like this pregnancy should be between Zack and I. Zack has been working as hard as he can to save up for all the baby stuff, him and I would really like to do this on our own. I don't mean to offend you or hurt you in any way, and I'm sorry if I have.
    If I need help with something, and you're still willing to be there, I will be happy to let you know.
    Again, thank you for what you have gotten for us.
    xx"

Her reply

"if you want your pregnancy to be between you and zack howcome your going baby shopping with your mom? and why will she be in the room at birth?after all the stuff I gave you? you treat me like this? what did I do wrong? you are so young to be pregnant, i just want to help you be a good mom. I know you can't afford bb stuff so thats why I was helping. But w.e your on your own!"

11. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

Omg I had this. She ended up givin me the unwanted cot & mattress and 4 big black bags full of baby girl clothes before I was even 12 weeks I was like anything could happen I don't want baby things yet but she didn't listen. The mattress for the cot had puke stains all over it :sick: and I knew right from the beginning my baby was a boy. I just waited a while then dropped it all off back at her house :thumbup: now it's all her problem again. :haha:

My friend was funny bout it at first also, soon she'll realise how controlling she was!

12. SarahMUMMY

SarahMUMMY Mummy-to-Riley&Pregnant!

..id just punch her :/ lol. bet thats so annoyin :/

13. zlrckbdp

That's what I plan on doing, even if I have a girl, I would never dress her in the clothes I was given.. :wacko:
    I was also given a broken bouncy chair, and a cracked breast pump :nope:

14. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

Yea dont get me wrong, I think there's nothing wrong with second hand but some people try and hand down things in such bad states. When my little man is here and grows out of his clothes I'd be far too embarassed to pass down stained clothes or broken things, I'd only pass down things that are actually reusable! :haha: Some people. At least she knows now though :thumbup:

15. jemmie1994

jemmie1994 Evie's Mummy <3

wow she's touchy dont bother about it hun she's just sticking her nose in she probably has good intentions but she's gone about it abit too forcefully and her reply to your msg was just rude!

16. AirForceWife7

AirForceWife7 Mama to Brenna.

"you are so young to be having a baby and can't afford anything"

:wacko:

What a generalized statement ... and coming from a teen mom herself! Wow. Just because you are young doesn't mean you can't afford to buy anything for your child, and even if you couldn't afford it, there's nothing wrong with second-hand clothes. HOWEVER, there is a big difference between good hand-me-downs & second hand clothes then ripped, pukey hand-me-downs. I wouldn't even bother with her from now on. Oh and "if your pregnacy is only between you and zack why are you going shopping with your mom?" :wacko: She's your Mother! The child's grandparent, this girl has no blood relation to you or your child :rofl:

Just ignore her, clearly she's very ignorant and immature :hugs:

17. meggabear

meggabear Mommy, daddy and Caiden

Good riddance then, I mean seriously! where does she get off on turning your nice message that was far more respectable than she seems to deserve, around on you as if you are an enemy?! pah, good riddance :growlmad:
    now if I may ask, what relation is she to you? just some person you know? or a relative? ou were very nice to write a letter that was polite, in the end you solve the problem and she left of her own accord, and hopefully it will stay that way. a person of that type would likely try to force her way into far more than just advice, clothes and other things, she;d likely force herself to be 'aunt' or 'god mama' or try and needle her way permanently into your lives. hopefully now you and OH can enjoy yourselves with less of prickly pear as her *hugs* much luck to you and your family darlin, truely :)

18. Zombers

Zombers Well-Known Member

Ask her if she was intending on you handing over your baby with the cord still attached so she can raise him with her hand me downs. Seriously. If shes so wrapped up in you and your babies life, tell her shes more then welcome to go have another kid of her OWN. lol

19. DXBBaby

DXBBaby Well-Known Member

Wow she sounds very patronizing and immature , your email to her was very well put and polite so have no idea why she felt the need to be so attacking in her reply. Sounds like you are much better off without all the drama and can be the bigger person with just ignoring her from now on.

20. zlrckbdp

Thank you ladies!
    I was feeling bad all night, having a hard time sleeping because of guilt.
    But you are all right. She's not the one who got me pregnant, this is not her child. I have a right to put my foot down and say enough is enough, it's sad she took it the way she did, but what can I do?

Should I ask if she wants the stuff I don't need back, or just throw it out?