Stupid Hormones!!!!

suzanne108

Reaction score
I feel like crying for the most stupid reason EVER......

I decided to put babies car seat into my car before for the first time....because my car is 3-door its gonna be really awkward to get it out on maybe a daily basis. I want to cry :cry: I need a 5-door car!!

Why do we cry at the stupidest of things???? :dohh:

im in the same boat hun!! we have a 3-door punto. i think her seat is gonna hafta go on dad's side to save me wrestling with it! lol!

im in the same boat hun!! we have a 3-door punto. i think her seat is gonna hafta go on dad's side to save me wrestling with it! lol!

Well this is the reason I've left it so late.....I was on the lookout for a 5-door car a few months back then someone told me you could put baby in the front....so I thought all my problems were solved and ditched the new car idea. Until I realised that the baby can only go in the front if the airbags are disabled....and my airbags can't be disabled!!! SHIT!

It wouldn't be too bad getting the seat out of the back if it was forward facing...but the fact that it has to be rear facing makes it 10 times harder to grapple with!! ARGHHH!!

Do they HAVE to be rear facing? I feel a new thread coming on...... :haha: x

Join the club! We've got a 3dr car (Clio, she's a sexy beast :haha:) and we'll struggle to get in and out the back of it :rofl: There's no-way we can afford to change car at the moment either so we'll have to stick with what we've got.

How will i find out if my passenger airbag can be disabled or not? :shrug: I've asked OH and he said 'there probably is a way, yeah' but that's it :rofl: That'd be much easier for when i'm driving alone rather than messing about putting her in the back and whatnot!

Jeeez, why doesn't money grow on trees eh? We'd all have 5dr cars then...:haha:

Join the club! We've got a 3dr car (Clio, she's a sexy beast :haha:) and we'll struggle to get in and out the back of it :rofl: There's no-way we can afford to change car at the moment either so we'll have to stick with what we've got.

How will i find out if my passenger airbag can be disabled or not? :shrug: I've asked OH and he said 'there probably is a way, yeah' but that's it :rofl: That'd be much easier for when i'm driving alone rather than messing about putting her in the back and whatnot!

It should say in your handbook if you can do it or not. Mine didn't say anything about the airbags so I rang my nearest Vauxhall garage (I've got a corsa!) and just asked them. He asked the model and year then said he couldn't do it. It seems you can only do it on bigger or newer cars...what year is yours? Mine is 2002 and is apparently too old! xx

Oh and I know it was no need to cry :dohh: I just got a little frustrated!!! If I had realised all this sooner then I could have looked for a 5 door car, you can get 5 door fiestas which arent too expensive....I might still have a look but I'm a bit fussy so its quite late to start looking!!

We have a 3 door Audi TT :| I'm dreading fitting the car seat in that. Ugh! xx

We have a 3 door Audi TT :| I'm dreading fitting the car seat in that. Ugh! xx

Oh god have you tried fitting your car seat in? :wacko:

My sis had one of these when she was pregnant but she had to sell it cos the backseats were so small!!

Hi

I've had to relent and buy an isofix base as I had short seatbelts and found that it was even worse to try and wriggle the seat into place

x

Not yet :| we've been looking at a few and looks like they will fit, though it's going to be a total pain in the asss getting it in and out. Luckily I do have a punto - which is also 3 door.. DOH lol so we'll have to see how it pans out but I can totally sympathise with the tears, am the same! x

Awww am sure you'll get it sorted Dani, the people in the shops should be able to help you. I struggled to get the car seat in and out but when I'm doing it for real I won't have a big bump in my way hehe!!

Part of my problem is that my sister gave me the carseat (she used it for a year, hasn't been in any accidents with it so its OK!). The base fits perfectly so its safe but I maybe coulda got one more suited to my car if I'd bought new and gotten some advice!

It should say in your handbook if you can do it or not. Mine didn't say anything about the airbags so I rang my nearest Vauxhall garage (I've got a corsa!) and just asked them. He asked the model and year then said he couldn't do it. It seems you can only do it on bigger or newer cars...what year is yours? Mine is 2002 and is apparently too old! xx

Oh and I know it was no need to cry :dohh: I just got a little frustrated!!! If I had realised all this sooner then I could have looked for a 5 door car, you can get 5 door fiestas which arent too expensive....I might still have a look but I'm a bit fussy so its quite late to start looking!!

Ahhh thanks for that. I'll have to find it out, or get OH to. I don't know where it is :lol: Mines an 05 so i may be able to do it :)

Aww hun dont worry about it :) We all have days like that.Its are stupid hormones.Mine are up and down like a yo yo lol.xxx

would highly recommend to anyone with a 3 door car to get a seat with base before changing cars :)

My carseat doesn't have a base :hissy:

Trust me to get a pram that doesn't have a carseat base and a 3dr car :rofl:

My carseat doesn't have a base :hissy:

Trust me to get a pram that doesn't have a carseat base and a 3dr car :rofl:

bless ya hun,

we dont have a car and i cry about that and say to the oh i would even put up with my old mini if it ment we had wheels to get around, hospital visits are costing a fourtune, especially when its the middle of the night and no buses, £10 each way is not good when your not working lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->