Stupid me, forgot to take 1 of my prenatal vits yesterday...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MamaK, Oct 23, 2008.

1. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Im probably worrying about nothing at all, but I have these prenatal vitamins / folic acid that you have to take twice a day and last night I was so tired when I came in I forgot to take it :dohh: :( What a bad mum, haha :hissy: :D

Do you think this matters???

I was thinking of just taking 3 today throughout the course of the day to make up for it.

2. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

I am sure one missed one wont hurt. Ladies did it for years without them after all :)

3. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Dont take the extra one today hun thats not good , Just carry on as normal I forgot mine the other day , dont worry missing one wont hurt

4. Cariad_bach

Cariad_bach mum to 2 boys and 2 girls

Dont worry about it hun...like Serina said dont try to take a extra one because your body can only absorb so much in a day the rest goes out with the waste!

5. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

I forgot mine last night,I feel asleep :)
    It will be ok,don't take three today though.

6. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

I keep missing mine! So don't worry. Mine also make me barf :(, so I have to take them with milk at night

7. Faerie

Faerie Proud Mummy

Hi hun, sorry to tell you but taking them with milk is a bad idea. Calcium stops the absorption of some other vits (iron in particular i think). I have to take a calcium supplement and I take that in the morning and the prenatals at night.

8. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

a few missed vits wont hurt , I have missed a few of mine also because they make me throw up also , so if Im feeling sick to begin with I skip them , I really try to make sure I take them every other night though .

9. Rumpskin

Rumpskin Free to try again!

Mine are on the work surface in the kitchen so I cant ever forget to take it when I am cooking - I then forget if I have taken them or not :dohh:

10. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest!!!!!!!

And thanks for telling me to not bother taking the 3rd one, I will just go with the normal dose today...

Big :hug: and thanks again ;) xxx

11. DevotedMommy

DevotedMommy Mother of 1, 1st Tri w/#2

When I had hyperemesis with my first pregnancy I couldn't take any prenatals at all past 6 weeks because I would just vomit them up... I was really worried and my doctor said not to worry about it, that the baby would be fine. He told me she would take what she needed from my body. As long as I wasn't malnourished going into the pregnancy she would be fine... she ended up being perfect and is even super smart now (in a special gifted program at school). So definitely don't worry! I think they are really more of a precautionary measure than anything. They definitely are good to take but I definitely wouldn't worry about missing one.

Also, don't ever double up on them... I've read that too much of certain vitamins (folic acid in particular) can actually cause harm, believe it or not.

12. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Hi DevotedMommy,

Thanks so much for sharing this!!!!

Yes, I think (like some others have posted here aswell) that its more precautionary more than anything else and yes people had healthy babies way before vitamins were probably even invented ;)

I definitely will not double up on them, I thought that may be the best thing to do... but after reading the other posts here and your post, then I know not to do that.

Thanks!!! :hug:

13. princessellie

princessellie Pregnant with #3

yeh i wouldnt worry too much, i took my folic acid most days till 12 weeks but when i got passed that i started taking prenatal multivits and cos i have to have full stomach to take them i always forget

had my 25 week appointment with the mw the other day and she said everything she checked was absolutely perfect, so dont beat urself up, u can still have perfect preg without them

and dont take more than the recommended dose

:hugs:

xxx