stupid mothercare!!! :@!

neady

Reaction score
sorry this is just a total rant!
was in town today and walked past mothercare and my pram, silver cross 3d system, was in the window, and a lovely deal was on in which u get the car seat for free!
i seen it and felt like cryin, stupid hormones!
when i ordered the pram i asked if any deals was coming up and said i was thinkin of leavin it just to buy it all straight away in january so i knew it was there and the girl advised me not to incase it wasnt in stock etc, and that no deals was due to come up on that pram!
as ive ordered it on their baby plan thing, and spent a fortune with them i thought they might be able to knock the carseat off for me.
the woman was absolutely awful to me! tutting and sighing and saying your goin to loose the 20quid weve already nocked off with some voucher deal, i said id rather loose the 20 then the 115quid for the carseat.
she kept lookin me up and down, and said no she couldnt do it.
so i rang my mum, who is buyin the pram and that for me anyway, but i feel awful and 115quid is an extra 115quid my mum could have for herself. she rang up and the same woman did it straight away for her on the phone!

the people in mothercare have always been so nice to me throughout, ive spent a fortune in there. so yet again i feel like ive been looked down on yet again because of my age!

sorry just a total rant but needed to get it off my chest as OH switches off now when i start rantin on haha x

So have you got the deal? I cancelled my baby plan in the end. I think I lost £10 admin fee so if you havent got the deal, you could cancel it and then re-order at the new price.

But then, I remember being told that there was a price guarantee under the baby plan. If the price was to go down, then I would get the reduced price. It just wouldnt go up in price.

I think it depends on what Mothercare you go to. I went to my local one for a snuggle pod on thursday morning. They said £5 delivery or have it delivered to store but would take 3 weeks. So I said I'd think about it.

Made hubby drive me 30 miles to a big out of town one. They didnt have it but offered to order it into store and I would have been able to pick it up within 5 days and couldnt understand what I was being told by my local one, even though I said I was dealing with the manager. In the end though, I ordered it to come to home for the £5 postage as we would have paid that in petrol. Came today which I dont think was too bad considering I ordered it late Thursday and theres been bad snow.

I havent seen a swaddling blanket like this before - keyword snuggle pod on Mothercare. its really lovely! xx

well i thought that if there was a change in price then there would be something in the baby plan to say theyd knock it off for you. mum mums paid off for the pram, the £350. then it was just all the extras and the carseat that she was doin after xmas.
yeh theyve done it for her straight away over the phone, but we'll loose out on some £20 voucher that went through and £10 admin fee. but its still better then loosin £115!
my pram is gettin delivered to me for free but that might be some deal in with the baby plan!
i hate bein told one thing in one place and a different thing in another!

oh wow, that is really nice! i think i may invest in one of those aswel =)! x

You can cancel the baby plan at any time. I did it with mine.

You just lose the admin fee.

Go back in and ask to cancel the plan. You can get the money back and then just pay outright for the deal they are offering with the money you get back/

Dont let them tell you you cant cancel as its baubles!!! xx

I just did this yesterday in Mothercare with seeing the special offer online, I was lucky enough to not have paid anything off my baby plan, my mum cancelled the plan and got the pram & car seat paid off on her Mothercard yesterday just incase the offer went off or something. I knew as soon as we put the pram away to buy a offer would go on it sooner or later so we waited abit before paying anything more off! So yeah, you can cancel your plan but you obviously will have to start all over again. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->