Stupid people

Sherileigh

Reaction score
Ok, this is just a little rant...I was speaking with my cousins wife today in England. She's 25 and her only dream is to have children (unfortunately she married my cousin, who doesn't want any). So we were talking online today and I haven't told them I'm pregnant yet. Oh and by the way I'm 32, not married, but in a loving stable relationship with a man who very much wants children. So she says to me 'all I know is that you had better not get pregnant before me'. Can you even imagine how hard it was for me too say...too late sweety I already am. I'm not sure if that was a comment about us not being married...I'm pretty sure it was about my ancient age of 32. People can be so insensitve sometimes. I am quite proud of myself that I did refrain from writing in CAPITALS...I AM PREGNANT! lol. :rofl: I've already been asked by my boss, when are you getting married...like she'd be a lot more excited for me if I was married. Hmmmm...you don't actually need a marriage license to make a baby....
Sorry just wanted to rant for a sec..probably the hormones! lol

How annoying!!!
A little bit of me wishes you had written "too late sweety" but then there would have been no fun in not having seen the reaction on her face :rofl:
I think some people are in a time warp when it comes to marriage and kids. Last year after my ectopic my step-mother turned round and said "You must really get married before you have kids because there's still such a stigma about unmarried mothers" I REALLY could have punched her....erm hello it's the 21st century!

People can be so insensitive! Me and hubby got badgered for years by people asking when we were getting married. Then once we got married we got harrassed by people asking when we were having children! It's ok at first, but when we had been trying to get pregnant for a year it got really upsetting. I think people always manage to find something insensitive to say.
Congrats on your BFP!

how rude of her! Not sure how you refrained from telling her lol

Thanks guys...glad it's not just me being sensitive. When I told my OH, he said 'you should've just told her!'...lol. But I'm proud that I didn't. It'll just bring me more pleasure when I eventually do tell her!

I hate people like that. I don't know how many people have asked me now if I am going to get married before the baby comes! What does it matter to them anyway?

I know the feeling like you i am in a loving stable relationship and people at work keep saying to me, " now you are having a baby has OH asked you to get married yet then?" I just want to scream maybe we don't want to! God it's so frustrating and narrow minded! What era are people living in these days. Anyway it will be better for you to tell her in a few weeks time face to face, you have the perfect excuse you wanted to wait until the scan or you didn't want to tell her over the phone as you didnt want to upset her!!! How rude of her though, its not your fault she married someone who doesnt want kids, she would have known that before she married him so hey why marry him then if its going to cause them problems. I certainly wouldnt if i felt that way about children. so youre right Silly People. Soz i'm in a rant mood today too! Off to bed now though night x

hahaha how annoying! If it were me I would have proudly told her I was pregnant! Who cares if your married are not. No where does it say you have to be married to have a baby or to tell you who you love.

My closest friend has told me to prepare for the marriage question a lot now...so I think I need to think of a smart response to shut people up...any ideas? I bet people don't ask the guys that when they tell people!

Unbelievable how some people are.... sweety its not you being sensitive at all, I would have been really annoyed at this too!!!

I bet you cant wait til you actually see her face-to-face and tell her... her expression will be worth a thousand words!!!! Let us know when you tell her and of her reaction!!!

I also dislike people who say, 'well you better not get pregnant before me' like the world revolves around them, how selfish!!!!!:hissy:

(Lots of '!!!' here :D)

I am also not married and not even considering it.... why should we?! If you are happy with the way things are then why go and change it, just because others are getting married (Im still convinced that we are brainwashed from birth by the media to 'be married, buy a house and have babies' by the time you are 30 - and who says it has to be this way?!).

By the way, I know more people who are happier NOT being married ;)

:hug: xxxx and keep us updated on when you actually tell her :happydance:

hear hear mamak, thats what me and my OH think if we are happy why change it. Sorry for my rant was shattered after working til 9pm and coming down with a cold today boohoo!!! It is rude,selfish and egotistical to assume she should get pregnant before you she sounds like a spoilt brat, sorry i know she's your coz wife but is she the only one in the world wanting a child!!! Would love to be there as a fly on the wall when you finally tell her though x

hear hear mamak, thats what me and my OH think if we are happy why change it. Sorry for my rant was shattered after working til 9pm and coming down with a cold today boohoo!!! It is rude,selfish and egotistical to assume she should get pregnant before you she sounds like a spoilt brat, sorry i know she's your coz wife but is she the only one in the world wanting a child!!! Would love to be there as a fly on the wall when you finally tell her though x

Exactly! And I too get annoyed by these people who are either married, or getting married and think that they should have the priority over the rest of us to have babies! :hissy:

I also would love to be a fly on the wall!!!! Hmmm, wonder if we can get some magical powers from somewhere?! :D

xxx

My OH is still married to someone else and that's what I will tell people to shut them up!!
He has been separated for almost 5 years but has not got round to divorcing her yet - at the start she was difficult about it and now she owes him over £20k so he's damned if he's gonna pay everything for the divorce and she's refusing to pay. I'm not bothered - if I wanted him to do it straight away he would and that's all that matters.

As long as you are happy sod everyone else!!

Hx

My OH is still married to someone else and that's what I will tell people to shut them up!!
He has been separated for almost 5 years but has not got round to divorcing her yet - at the start she was difficult about it and now she owes him over £20k so he's damned if he's gonna pay everything for the divorce and she's refusing to pay. I'm not bothered - if I wanted him to do it straight away he would and that's all that matters.

As long as you are happy sod everyone else!!

Hx

Exactly! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"