Stupid question

charliemeg

Waiting
Reaction score
:shrug:This may seem like a stupid question but we are trying a new method of birth control. We have decided to do natural family planning however I came off the pill nearly 3 months ago and my cycle is all over the place, is there any symptoms of when you are ovulating? :shrug:

I dont want to have to buy the tests all the time and want to be able to tell so that I know when I am safe and know when I am not safe. I dont know if there is any symptoms just thought I would ask as I cant use the date method at the moment with me being irregular. :huh::huh:

I get v tearful and have stabbing pains - not everyone has this though so maybe keep a diary of any symptoms you get and see if there is a pattern at similar times

hope that helps

To be frank, I get really really frisky if you get my drift a few days before I ovulate. I have felt mittelschmerz, pain in my abdomen a few times.

I use mycycle.com. My period has been a bit all over the place, but someone the site usually gets it right.

I use mycycle.com. My period has been a bit all over the place, but someone the site usually gets it right.

I have just done my chart on mycycle.com this is a great help thank you. I Will see if it predicts my period as I was filling it in it was getting it right. I am so pleased it works it out for me instead of me trying to:happydance:

I was on the pill for 10 years and it took about a year for my system to settle into a pattern. Now AF is between 27 and 29 days.

I get sore boobs and a kind of dull stabbing pain in my tummy around the time I OV.

Hope your system sorts itself out quickly xxx

Are you doing BBT. One time cost and it can give you a great idea when you are going to be ovulating after you do a few cycles of it

Are you doing BBT. One time cost and it can give you a great idea when you are going to be ovulating after you do a few cycles of it

Yeah I have been doing BBT but it changes sooooo often that I am completely lost to know when I am ovulation and dont want to risk getting pregnant as hubby is not ready yet. Other birth control I have tried just doesnt work for me I swear I am allergic to everything lol

Yeah, I know where you are coming from there. I can't take BCP cause the side effects for me were just too much. I have been charting on and off since I was 19. I have been using that successfully as BC during the times that I wasn't torturing myself with BCP.

My OH and I have just started using the natural family planning method.
I had my Mirena coil removed about 4 weeks ago and I used MymonthlyCycles website to predict when my next AF would be.. it said she would arrive on 19th of this month and she was bang on time! I gotta admit tho, I'm alot lighter than I used to get and I've almost finished.. kinda spotting now, but I'm certain it's AF and not some kind of withrdrawal bleed (had all that after having Mirena taken out) so natural family planning here we come lol!
I intend on using the BBT to make double sure but have no idea where to get a good BBT thermo from? Any ideas girls?

x

Dunno how good they are but you can get BBT thermometers with 2 decimal places off ebay for a few pounds.

Symptoms for ovulation wise from first post- EWCM generally means you're fertile so keep an eye out for this. I also get stabbing pains in either my right or left side when Ov depending on which side the egg is coming from. Can sometimes be quite painful! But not everyone gets this. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"