Stupid questions....help please..

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Ok these might sound a bit dumb....

Tabs has been on baby rice for just under 2 weeks now once a day and have the go ahead to start on fruits and veggies.
I want to make up a batch and then put in ice cube trays and do it that way,so its convenient and less waste etc......Do i need to sterilise the ice cube tray? or just a good wash and boiling water?

Also i just thought ill be using a whizzy thingy to puree it .... do i need to sterilise this or just wash and boiling water?

This sounds really thick reading this back but its one of those silly things where i think too much!

Hmm, I personally wouldnt sterelise them, but mainly because I would never have thought of sterelising the tray and blender. I think washing it with the boiling water sounds like a good idea, should kill bacteria, also, freezing may kill any on the ice cube tray?

Id prob say to put them both in boiling water rather than steralise them, i also use the bugs away spray from asda that is safe to use in the kitchen and with food pref stuff everytime i use stuff for tommy....

do what you think, although i know you can stop steralising bottles etc at 6 months..people will all have different opinions and thoughts on this though so its kind of go with your own judgement i think

h x

Not sure the trays can be sterilised. I just wash the blender, trays and plates, weaning spoons etc with very hot water and give 'em a good scrub. This should be sufficient.

Meant to continue sterilising bottles and teats up to 1 year though because of the bacteria that can grow in milk.

Sam was a bit older than Tabs when I started making his food (not sure if that makes a difference but he's had tap water from 6 months) and I just used to boil the kettle to pour it over our whizzy thing and ice cube trays (after washing in hot soapy water). Or if I was storing it in bigger containers I'd put them in the dishwasher just before I used them x

Personally, I would just give it a good wash. I would only steralise things that come into contact with dodgy stuff, like milk. But, once the food is defrosted use it straight away to prevent bacteria growth.

Btw, I give tom baby rice with all but his morning feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->